Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very disappointed with my SL2HT

[ QUOTE ]
    My sl1 has been through hell, and it still plays awesome!! I don't think you can blame Jackson! Blame whoever messed with it!

[/ QUOTE ]

The guitar was built in 4/94 and I bought it new 10/95 new, which means it hung on the wall all that time. Nobody but an authorized repair facility has touched it other then a string change,(same Gage and brand)and they received for this problem. I believe what has happened is the fingerboard is drying up a bit and it lifted. Aged dried wood is pretty rare these days.

Ed and I both have humidifiers running all year round unless it's raining, which don't happen here in Vegas very often.

Comment

If this is your first Jackson, that sucks! Bound to get a bad one eventually!! But I/we'll tell you won't find a better made axe built for destruction! Good Luck dude!!
      I love admins!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        The guitar was built in 4/94 and I bought it new 10/95 new

[/ QUOTE ]
        Then it's not an SL2HT, which is a string-thru model and is new within the last year. So how can FMIC be responsible for this guitar that's over 10 years old? Did I miss something here? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          The guitar was built in 4/94 and I bought it new 10/95 new

[/ QUOTE ]
          Then it's not an SL2HT, which is a string-thru model and is new within the last year. So how can FMIC be responsible for this guitar that's over 10 years old? Did I miss something here? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, sorry 4/04 & 10/05. It's a string through. See what happens when ya get old [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ah, I see. I hear ya about getting old! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            You should report Roman to Jackson and tell them you want a replacement!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              If this is your first Jackson, that sucks! Bound to get a bad one eventually!! But I/we'll tell you won't find a better made axe built for destruction! Good Luck dude!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It was my first Jackson. I bought an imported KE3 too. I bought this brand because a good friend said "there is no better built guitar". I will continue to support Jackson, their reputation is remarkable.

Comment

With Ed, there is no guarantee it just sat on his wall for 18 months. Who knows what kind of $h!t he put that poor axe through [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X