Jackson Soloist Blasphemy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson Soloist Blasphemy?

I hope someone comes in to help me defend the Seahawks' honor. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Look, I am more of a realist and yes I am a huge Steelers fan, but I think the game will be much closer than you think, Holmgren is a great coach and he will have the Seahawks ready. As for the guitar, I think it is cool, leave it as is!! Jack.

Comment

I think you should trade it in for a guitar that already has an H/H configuration. But not before taking a permanent marker and drawing King Kong climbing the Space Needle on it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

don't do it!
          get a sl2h with a graveyard graphic and you have a pair!

Comment

When the Seahawks win, get them to autograph it, then sell it on ebay for a lot of money! [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Now there's an idea!! Did you guys see the Hot Dog from the NFC championship game that sold for $1800 on ebay? Here's the link to that. http://cgi.ebay.com/Seattle-Seahawks-SUP...1QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Aside from your poor taste in graphics I would say do what you want to do. Its your guitar, don't listen to these guys. Its not like its gonna make a big Kahler sized hole if your route the two single coils into a Humbucker for the neck. Your not going to lose much of the graphic, what you will lose though is the pickup cover graphic. If that is ok by you then go ahead. My opinion is there is no humbucker that can't be equalled by a single coil pickup. So consider that before you do anything, look and see if you can get what you want from a single coil first.

Comment

Poor taste in graphics?!?!?!? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] The graphic on this guitar KILLS!! I guess you have to love the city of Seattle to fully appreciate it.

Comment

<font color="aqua">pay no attention to Chris, Dave, he likes things only one way...."his" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Thanks Budman! Oh and I decided you (and nearly everyone else) is right. I'm not gonna mess with this guitar. It's not that I mind the single coils, it's just that the 5-way switch is in such a poor spot. Why couldn't Jackson have put it in the same position that Fender does?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Now there's an idea!! Did you guys see the Hot Dog from the NFC championship game that sold for $1800 on ebay? Here's the link to that. http://cgi.ebay.com/Seattle-Seahawks-SUP...1QQcmdZViewItem

[/ QUOTE ]
                        [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
                        I wouldn't pay the original $5 they wanted for that hotdog... no way in hell I'd pay $1,800 for it now that it's not edible! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
                          I wouldn't pay the original $5 they wanted for that hotdog... no way in hell I'd pay $1,800 for it now that it's not edible! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you there 100%. The hot dogs at Qwest field are nothing compared to what you can get across the street at Safeco Field, which is where the Mariners play.

Comment

The great thing about Safeco Field is that there are always good seats available on game day - just like the Seahawks stadium until this year [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              It's not that I mind the single coils, it's just that the 5-way switch is in such a poor spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's easy enough to fix. Just remove the 5-way and wire the humbucker straight to the output jack. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
                              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                pay no attention to Chris, Dave, he likes things only one way...."his"

[/ QUOTE ]
                                We shall see what happens once the Steelers whop up on Seattle [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Its probably smart to leave as is unless it was something that really bothered you. Not to mention the whole pickup graphic issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X