Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's Jackson D-strat

Hi all!

I want some information about my guitar but don't know where to look. Do you have any good resources for me?
    Btw i live in sweden, so traveling is not an option.

It looks like the d-strat with firecrackle finish exept that mine is blue/black and have serialnumber 4029.

Thanx in advanced // Kristofer

Re: 80\'s Jackson D-strat

I took some pictures of the guitar that might help you

Comment

can't tell you much about it, but i like it!! very cool guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

ok, thanx anyway, the only info on Jackson's homepage is that it is a custom bolt-on USA from 87-89, but on Jackson's homepage it says that the guitar's from 87 and forward are built in Ontario while it says San dimas on the serial number plate on mine.. so i'm a bit confused here..

Comment

Left over San Dimas plates were used after the move to Ontario, and I had one much like that, which I think was an 88.

There are quite alot of dinkys (blue or red crackle) from that era which were signed by Grover. Yours has had the pickups changed from the original Jackson pickups to EMGs.
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I had the same guitar in red firecrackle.

It's a 1988 dinky. There are a couple in the gallery here, but I think both of them are red, not blue.

EDIT: There are two red ones and a blue one about a quarter of the way down this page:

http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/jstrats.html
            Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Left over San Dimas plates were used after the move to Ontario, and I had one much like that, which I think was an 88.

There are quite alot of dinkys (blue or red crackle) from that era which were signed by Grover. Yours has had the pickups changed from the original Jackson pickups to EMGs.

[/ QUOTE ]
              Ok, thanx for the info.

I know about the pickup change, i still have the original pickups left though.
              I guess i never will be sertain of the year on this one..

Comment

Working...
              X