WTB: KE-1/KE-2/WR-1 at cheapest price lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: KE-1/KE-2/WR-1 at cheapest price lol

I would like to know where the cheapest place to buy a USA model is, or if anyone on these forums is selling a KE or WR USA or knows anyone that is selling one for somewhat cheap.. That would be awesome ^^

I am canadian.. so not only would I have to pay the $3000 US price for a KE-2, but turn that to canadian and add on another $700 and then customs, which is another 1000 so I think it would come to like $5000 or close.. So I wanna find a used KE-1 or KE-2 for like $1000 US with shipping, and hopefully I will only be bombarded with shipping costs by like $500 so it will still be somewhat decent price..

I hate shipping.. lol but honestly I would never pay full price for a USA model unless it was a custom shop, Dunno how some of you guys have like 20 of them lol The ones I played so far (RR1/DK2) were not the greatest, my Ibanez RG560 would outplay the RR1, with like 1/5th the cost.. so hopefully that was just a defective RR1 or Jackson is doing some serious ripping off lol

Re: WTB: KE-1/KE-2/WR-1 at cheapest price lol

Stick to your Ibanez if it plays great.
    [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

im sure a KE1 with good pickups in it would sound good.. just the RR-1 I played was horrible =] now sell me your KE1 lol

Comment

I don't even have a KE1 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Now, I want to know where I can find one too.
        [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

see, that's the thing. The Ibanez sounds great right out of the box, but you spend all that money for a new Jackson and you have to swap out the pickups, have the thing setup, frets dressed, swap out the OFR for a decent Schaller, and if you get the post-Fender ones (with the smaller bevels), then forget about it!

I say stick with the much superior RG270, or whatever.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Ibanezzz rulezzzz!
            The best guitars in the worlddd!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

sad to say, although I know you guys are being sarcastic.. Until I play a Jackson guitar under $5000 that plays good, I'll have to agree lol

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                see, that's the thing. The Ibanez sounds great right out of the box, but you spend all that money for a new Jackson and you have to swap out the pickups, have the thing setup, frets dressed, swap out the OFR for a decent Schaller, and if you get the post-Fender ones (with the smaller bevels), then forget about it!

I say stick with the much superior RG270, or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I had to look twice at that post... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  sad to say, although I know you guys are being sarcastic.. Until I play a Jackson guitar under $5000 that plays good, I'll have to agree lol

[/ QUOTE ]

You can come over, I have five of them. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  And even all five together did cost me way less than $5000. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

EDIT: I just realised I'm in the USA Jackson forum... I actually don't own a single USA Jackson. But I did play one once (a RR1T), and it kicked EVEN MORE ass than my imports. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I mean, you guys are quite harsh, Everyone has different opinions on guitars, Of course I like jackson otherwise I wouldn't be on these forums (duh!!) but I just haven't played one YET that I feel would replace my RGs, and I am really trying to find that "special" jackson to do so, which is why I want a KE-1..

Im trying! so someone sell one to me and help me change my mind lol

Comment

Well, the RR1 you played probably was in desperate need of a set up. I think thats why people are being "harsh". For you to sit there and tell us, who OWN and play USA Jacksons on a daily basis, an RG560 will outplay our guitars? Your gettin' off easy. Believe me. Have you ever played a Kelly before? How do you know it's your "dream" axe? I think some of the things you've said just don't make a whole lot of sense. A KE-2 will cost about $1800, not $3000. ETC...
                      Hear the universe scream
                      Bleeding from black holes
                      Whom horns careless
                      And whom God mourns

Comment

If you played an RR1(neck-thru) and it sucked, like Paulbag said, it probably needed a bigtime setup. I saw in another post of yours where you said something about all Jackson bolt ons you've played sucked too. Are these guitars that you're playing new? I dont know man, I'd say stick with your Ibanez because apparently Jackson doesnt make a guitar for you. Just my .02

Comment

uh Yes, these guitars were new.. And I haven't played a KE-2, but I am ASSUMING it is ok since everyone says their so amazing

And no, a KE-2 is past $3000, WAY past.. since the listing price in US is $2900, so even if I get down to $1900 US, turned to canadian thats already $2300+.. then shipping and customs You don't realize how much that is.. a new guitar in customs is 25% of whatever the price is, so thats past $3000.

Ok then, I will play my ibanez guitars and wait til I find some people who know more about guitars to tell me which jackson to buy, cause im not getting much help here

Comment

You'd be better off waiting until you find the guitars to try them out yourself, instead of waiting for people to tell you which one to buy.
                            The Kelly shape is quite unique in the way it hangs on the body, the bridge located way to the left compared to a strat-style guitar. It is even more to the left than on a RR1. And apart from the body shape a KE2 is very similar to a RR1.

Chances are that Ibanez RGs really just suit you better, so don't spend too much money on a guitar just because people tell you to buy it.

Hope that helps...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Well, the RR1 you played probably was in desperate need of a set up. I think thats why people are being "harsh". For you to sit there and tell us, who OWN and play USA Jacksons on a daily basis, an RG560 will outplay our guitars? Your gettin' off easy. Believe me. Have you ever played a Kelly before? How do you know it's your "dream" axe? I think some of the things you've said just don't make a whole lot of sense. A KE-2 will cost about $1800, not $3000. ETC...

[/ QUOTE ]

$1800!!!!???? in sweden i can get a black one for 2790 USD and that's a bargain the list price is 3207 USD..

Comment

Working...
                              X