WTB: KE-1/KE-2/WR-1 at cheapest price lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WTB: KE-1/KE-2/WR-1 at cheapest price lol

I not long ago looked at a KE-2 at a Tom Lee here in Vancouver for $2000 CDN. Definately not $3000

Comment

Oh no.. I have a kelly (JSkelly with new neck) and I love the shape, just the new neck made it pretty.. crappy lol.. and I want a floyd.. so obvious choice is a KE-2

I am also building a custom guitar using a wizard neck and a Death Kelly bodyshape.. so im not worried about the shape, its the playability im worried about

Comment

Well, if playability is all your worried about, my opinion is it's not gonna get much better than a USA Jackson. Unless of course it's a Jackson Custom Shop. I own one of those too and I've never played a better axe. Hands down. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        Hear the universe scream
        Bleeding from black holes
        Whom horns careless
        And whom God mourns

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Well, if playability is all your worried about, my opinion is it's not gonna get much better than a USA Jackson. Unless of course it's a Jackson Custom Shop. I own one of those too and I've never played a better axe. Hands down. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
          but have you ever played an RG560? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
          Hail yesterday

Comment

By the way, you gotta be patient. Believe me, I know how hard it is. But used pointy USA Jacksons do not grow on trees. You gotta dig. People have em', but gettin' em' to sell is the hard part. If you keep looking, you'll get one. After a year of looking I just finally grabbed my first WR1 from a member here. He wasn't even listing it, or actively trying to sell it. But I got him to sell it to me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            Hear the universe scream
            Whom horns careless
            And whom God mourns

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
              but have you ever played an RG560? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

540.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              Hear the universe scream
              Whom horns careless
              And whom God mourns

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                And no, a KE-2 is past $3000, WAY past.. since the listing price in US is $2900, so even if I get down to $1900 US, turned to canadian thats already $2300+.. then shipping and customs You don't realize how much that is.. a new guitar in customs is 25% of whatever the price is, so thats past $3000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick, your math is waaay off on what to expect to be charged for import tax. You are billed 15%(HST) on the insured value of the imported item. Assuming you have it shipped USPS, be prepared to pay another $10CDN for customs clearing. That's it.

I'm curious where you are playing new USA Jackson's in New Brunswick. If you tell me Musicstop, then your argument is weak, very weak. Thoses turds haven't set up a display guitar in the 25 years I have been buying from them; mainly because most of them don't know how.

I've purchased two new USA Jackson's from that chain and each was fantastic, but that's because I set them up when I took them home.

I think you do need to find a cool KE from a forum member or on ebay and then have it set up. You will be impressed, trust me. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Yea Jimmy B.. I am POSITIVE that it was set up horrible (as it was Musicstop) and I do need a good KE to change my mind, as my JS30KE was really nice for a really low end guitar, just sadly I hate the feel of bolt-ons and I need a floyd.. but even with such a low quality guitar it was pretty good, so im sure a nice KE-2 would be amazing, its just finding it = so hard

I dunno, I bought the JS30KE and I got it for like $200 US on ebay, yet from shipping/customs I paid another $250 or so.. it was retarded =[ Thats why im so skeptical about shipping, and I only really wanna order from Canada, As the RG570 I just ordered was here in 2 days, no customs obviously

Either way, I don't think I have the cash to dish out anywhere near $2500, even canadian.. so the only real option I have is a KE-J1 that I can probably get for $1500 Canadian with shipping, or find a used one... its such a struggle when you're broke =[

Comment

Working...
                  X