JA0033 back home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JA0033 back home!

I sold this to wayniac about a year ago and have regretted it ever since. Thanks to Waynes recent GAS, I was able to score it back! Many thanks to Wayne for letting it go. I know it couldn't have been easy. Thanks bro!

1987 Jackson Student Arch top JA0033
    Brazillian rosewood board (smooth as glass)
    25 1/2 scale
    pearl logo with no USA
    nice chunky neck profile
    pearl dots
    bound neck and headstock
    jumbo frets
    JB/59 non logoed pickups with custom budman brass rings.
    Flamed maple top over mahogany back and neck.

Sorry for the crappy pics. I'll try and get better shots this week when the sun is out.

I don't know why I ever let this one go. This is one of the finest Jacksons I have ever owned. I believe it is somwhat rare as it has a tone knob and most of the Student AT's from that era only have one volume and no tone.

I commissioned our very own Budman (Dave) to make the brass pick up rings when I owned it last time. Check out the quality of these rings. Keep in mind the only thing he had to go by was the original rings. he used them as a guide for the curve of the top. The original rings were old and flimsy yet he still managed to match the arch! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] here's to you Dave. These rings make the guitar.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Re: JA0033 back home!

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] killer score..

these older Archtop Soloists are great guitars!
    and Dave did an excellent job as always, it really makes this one stand out even more!

I have JA0032 btw and now JA0072 is on his way also.

Comment

"I have JA0032 btw and now JA0072 is on his way also. "

So you ended up with 32. I almost bought that one a few times just because of the numbers. JA0034 showed up on eBay about a year ago. It had a blue top, but it was kinda beat and the seller wanted too much.

72? is that Bretts black archtop? the one with no binding on the neck and headstock? I almost bought that one a few times as well. If I only had more $$$!
      [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Oh my god that looks nice! Classy! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
        -Janne

Comment

<font color="aqua">fukkin-a-right, buddy!!! Very VERY cool to see you got her back, my friend. I loved that one and was sad to see it sell..now this time, hold onto her!!!! - [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]</font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Yummy!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              "I have JA0032 btw and now JA0072 is on his way also. "

So you ended up with 32. I almost bought that one a few times just because of the numbers. JA0034 showed up on eBay about a year ago. It had a blue top, but it was kinda beat and the seller wanted too much.

72? is that Bretts black archtop? the one with no binding on the neck and headstock? I almost bought that one a few times as well. If I only had more $$$!
              [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep.. the single hum 32 is here.. the 72 soon!

and Brett's black, 158, is still up for sale.

Comment

Nice score on that 73. I was watching that but forgot about it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Congrats Jim!
                  That guitar is super nice looking in person.
                  Very hard to capture in pics.
                  If you ever decide to let her again and Wayniac doesn't want it back, let me know [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Jim -
                    Thanks for teh post and not making me regret it ! lol
                    Nah - j/k ! Enjoy her.. I'm already saving up.. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Sweet
                      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Jim - glad you got your sweetheart back! That's a beautiful instrument!
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

That is very cool Jim!! Glad you got her back my friend [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Killer AT Jim....glad to see you were able to get your hands back on her...Wayniac is a good guy. What were you thinking getting rid of her in the first place LOL!

- Joel
                            RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                            RIP Dime

Comment

A real beauty. Congrats on getting it back [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X