Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about XTRR (dan spitz model?)

Hello there!

I have the dan spitz model made in Japan.
    However, the Japan made model has a point different from the USA made...
    One is not 7/8 size and another is not reverse head.

web page

I hear that the dan spitz model made of USA is named XTRR.
    The order for the size of XTRR was impossible in Jackson stars(Japan)
    7/8 size RandyV is very attractive for me,because I am diminutive [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Re: about XTRR (dan spitz model?)

Interesting. I'd say it was a "Dinky Rhoads" - look at the length of the long wing compared to the size of the Floyd in the Right-hand pic (the white background on the left is too stark and creates the illusion that the wing is full-sized).

The XTRR was basically the two short wings instead of two long wings like a Double Rhoads.

22 frets and reverse fins - gotta be a Dan Spitz Dinky Rhoads.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Danny's original guitars were apparently normal Rhoads which had the bevels cut off, and then the edges rebevelled...

Jani has some comparitive outlines taken from his guitars (Rhoads, XTRR and one of Danny's actual guitars) and it appears that the long wing is quite alot shorter, but the short wing is not altered that much.....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        The XTRR was basically the two short wings instead of two long wings like a Double Rhoads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um no, bro. The XTRR's wings were not the same size. That would make it a KV.

Comment

Here's thread with Jani's outline of the different Rhoads models.
          http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post598475
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Another theory for the smaller Spitz RR is that Dan wanted his customs from solid figured maple and Jackson was trying to save wood. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Of course the proportions wouldn't have been right so they had to downsize Dan too... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um no, bro. The XTRR's wings were not the same size. That would make it a KV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, because then it wouldn't be "King-Sized" (not like the Mustaine model was anyway...) but I guess I owe that one to all the people who can't take a straight pic of the body - it's always that "neck-down" angle that makes the wings look symmetrical [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I don't know much about the history of the Danny Spitz/XTRR but I do know that XTRR's are awesome. I own one and I'm always on the look out for another one. Joel has one but he ain't letting go. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I guess I owe that one to all the people who can't take a straight pic of the body - it's always that "neck-down" angle that makes the wings look symmetrical [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                  How does the XTRR look symmetrical in this pic (or any other pic you've seen of one)?!? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] It's time for an eye exam, don't ya think? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

You never posted those pics when you had yours - it was always "ooooohhhh it's the view from the headstock - hellooooo dowwwwwn theeeere!" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I never owned any Rhoads model. Those are Neilli's pics. And the Bengal XTRR on the right doesn't look symmetrical in this pic either.

Comment

And here's the one Yabba owned.

Comment

Um, I may have missed something here, but XTRRs are basically the same sillouette as a Rhoads, just slightly smaller i.e. There's no symetry going on....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            And here's the one Yabba owned.

[/ QUOTE ]Which I now own. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'll post pics as soon as I can get access to a digital camera.
                            "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Snap [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X