SLATQ appreciation thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLATQ appreciation thread!

After reading the SLATQH discontinued thread I decided to start a new thread where we can post pics of our current and past SLATQ's.

Post your pics! I'll start.

This was my first SLATQH. I bought it brand new in the summer of 2004. It had a small finish checking issue that I sent it back for. Biggest mistake I ever made. I ended up with a replacement SLATQH (you'll see it below), but it just wasn't the same.

This was a Cherry sunburst SLATQH that I owned for a short while. It was a great guitar, but I just couldn't get into the finish.

The first of two differnt trans blue SLATQM's that I've owned. THis one had a real interesting board. It was ebony, but very grainy. I believe Brad owns this one now? The best top I have ever seen on any Jackson.

The second trans blue SLATQM that I owned. I don't know I was thinking, but I sold this one as well. At least it's in good hands! Dave [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

This was the replacement Jackson sent me for the trans black SLATQH that I sent back. This was a great one as well. Even after I swapped out the pickups for custom in the bridge and a Pearly Gates in the neck, I just couldn't get into the burst finish.

This is my current SLATQH. It's Violin Brown and it's a keeper. I may switch out the Custom5 in the bridge with a Custom. It sounded killer in the TBS SLATQH

In my opinion, the SLATQ's were the finest (limited) production models to ever come out of Jackson. It's sad to see them stop production, but think about it this way. It just makes the ones that are out there more special!

Show your SLATQ's past and present.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Re: SLATQ appreciation thread!

Bought in December of 02(according to the photo info), my 1st Jackson. I remember it was one of the 1st ones made, oiled neck. I sold it a few months later, because at the time I was more into thicker necks. I miss it, I have tried to contact the guy who bought it from me to get it back, but either he isn't getting his emails, or is blowing me off. I think a CS order is inline soon. Now I am obsessed with Burnt Cherry Burst finishes.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

The pictures a bit dark, but you get the idea. Incredible guitar, sounds huge. Mahogany is the shit......

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

That BCB is sweet. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I had one but no old pics of it...It was a amber-burst with the oiled neck...I miss it and can not find one anywhere [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
          They should start making em again

Comment

I'll play. These are fresh off the camera. I had a "day off" to do the taxes so this was a welcome distraction. I've had this for 4 months or so. As you can see it is a variation on the tobacco burst. I think the blend-in at the adge is a little less abrupt than sambencuda's old one. These are sweet guitars... I'm on fire!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              The first of two differnt trans blue SLATQM's that I've owned. THis one had a real interesting board. It was ebony, but very grainy. I believe Brad owns this one now? The best top I have ever seen on any Jackson.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I still have that one and it does have some of the nicest wood I've seen on a Jackson. If it ever stops raining here I'll get some fresh pics as this is the best I have at the moment:

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                The second trans blue SLATQM that I owned. I don't know I was thinking, but I sold this one as well. At least it's in good hands! Dave [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Seems like we're buying all your schtuff Jim!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'll also get some fresh pics when nice weather gets here, but these are great pics that Jim had taken:

Here's a shot I took because for some reason, mine didn't have a gold diamond tip, so I had to make my own [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And here's another upgrade I gave her:

</font>
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

now I' officially depressed [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                  thanks guys.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Bought in December of 02(according to the photo info), my 1st Jackson. I remember it was one of the 1st ones made, oiled neck. I sold it a few months later, because at the time I was more into thicker necks. I miss it, I have tried to contact the guy who bought it from me to get it back, but either he isn't getting his emails, or is blowing me off. I think a CS order is inline soon. Now I am obsessed with Burnt Cherry Burst finishes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn Vincent! I've never seen one in BCS. That is stunning.

Dave or Brad, Think of me if you ever decided to let those puppies go! What the hell was I thinking! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Looking over these I can't understand why they didn't sell piles of them. That trans-blue is especially atractive but I'd want full sharkies. No au-natural's yet. I know they are out there.

Comment

Here's the only other 2 pics I have of it. This really is one of 2 guitars I wish I hadn't of gotten rid of. The other was a Gibson 03 R9 with Brazilian Board #335(good# for a Gibson). The Jackson because now I realize is was a great guitar. The LP because it would be woth a bit more than what I paid for it, and the prices seem to be only going up, build quality was crap though(frets blew, inlay glue and filler everywhere), so I just sent it back. Doesn't seem to bother the LP guys though, only bunch I know that will spend 5K on a guitar, then send it out for fret level/dressing/new nut/relic, and then say this guitar rocks.

Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

That tobacco burst is stunning.

Comment

Thanks, if you mean mine. I think the color is just about exactly like a wood fire. Is that ESP really much bigger than the Jackson or is it some wierd thing about the pictures?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Looking over these I can't understand why they didn't sell piles of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

THey were limited production. I'm not sure of the numbers, but I've heard that they made around 60 a year? I know that when I went to buy one in 2004, there was only one available at the factory. They definitely sold all they made with only a handfull left at a few dealers now. I'd love to get my hands on an earlier oiled neck SLATQH. All the ones I have owned (with the exception of the two SLATQMs) had painted necks.

Comment

Working...
                              X