SLATQ appreciation thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLATQ appreciation thread!

I guess Jackson wanted to see higher demand than that to keep going with model?
    I know what you mean about the oiled neck. I had always played an unpainted until last year. My LPC converted me over but if they had had two exactly the same except for painted vs unpainted neck I would have picked unpainted. On the other hand I've never noticed any stickiness. The nitro on the LPC has taken the better part of a year to cure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Thanks, if you mean mine. I think the color is just about exactly like a wood fire. Is that ESP really much bigger than the Jackson or is it some wierd thing about the pictures?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never noticed that before. At the time they both seemed to be about the same size. In both pics the ESP is closer to the camera, maybe that and it being a solid color give it the illusion of being bigger.
      Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Dat's whack! I'd swear from the pics that the ESP was bigger. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

22 frets vs. 24. Creates the visual impression that the ESP's neck is longer and, hence, the whole guitar bigger.

To my eye, it also looks like the ESP has a longer/bigger body behind the bridge. I'd bet that if you measured both tip-to-tip, the ESP really does have an inch or two on the SL in length.

Comment

Baby got some back.

Comment

FAT ASS ESP!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                The second trans blue SLATQM that I owned. I don't know I was thinking, but I sold this one as well. At least it's in good hands! Dave [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">Seems like we're buying all your schtuff Jim!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'll also get some fresh pics when nice weather gets here, but these are great pics that Jim had taken:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhhh Dave, YOU HAVE NO SOUL PUTTING THAT UP! Are ya sure you dont have a big tax bill coming or something? LOL

Shawn
                Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

stop it, i'm wetting myself! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Ohhhh Dave, YOU HAVE NO SOUL PUTTING THAT UP! Are ya sure you dont have a big tax bill coming or something? LOL

Shawn

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Bought in December of 02(according to the photo info), my 1st Jackson. I remember it was one of the 1st ones made, oiled neck. I sold it a few months later, because at the time I was more into thicker necks. I miss it, I have tried to contact the guy who bought it from me to get it back, but either he isn't getting his emails, or is blowing me off. I think a CS order is inline soon. Now I am obsessed with Burnt Cherry Burst finishes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shit Vince, THAT's a beaut! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                      mike.

Comment

we should get a limited run small batch going we could call it the appreciation run I would buy one for sure , damit i'm getting wet thinking about it great pics guys keep em coming!

Comment

Wow, these are stunning and my favorite being the Violin Brown color!! Yes, I can`t understand why they got rid of them either, but I guess they have a # of sales they want to hit, and they didn`t hit it, just like the SLS Soloist. I bet very soon, they will discontinue the SL2HT and SL1HT and possibly the SL2H Mahogany. all great guitars, but I have a funny feeling they aren`t selling well [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I also like Natural tops the best, but they aren`t very popular than colors. Jack.

Comment

All the SLATQ's seem to have awesome finishes on them. I didn't know they had stopped making them.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              we should get a limited run small batch going we could call it the appreciation run I would buy one for sure , damit i'm getting wet thinking about it great pics guys keep em coming!

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried this before they were discontinued. There was not enought interest. It can't be a limited run, becasue it's not a production model anymore. It would have to be a custom shop run. At that point, why would you spend that kind of money when you are restricted to what 10 or 12 people have to agree upon? you could just order your own custom shop yourself. It's too late. If you want an arch top Jackson, your only choices are to look for a remaining new SLATQH at a dealer, look for used or order a custom shop. My custom shop should be here in a few days! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Matt does offer a small discount on limited CS runs though. But a Custom Shop SLATQH would cost alot so the 5 or 10% or whatever it was probably doesn't really defray the costs that much.

Comment

Working...
                                X