SLATQ appreciation thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLATQ appreciation thread!

yeah judging by the pricing i'd say around the 3000 mark maybe more but we could make it special like 2 of the best quilted colors , one being the natural of course, love those nats!!

Comment

natural amber and cherry sunburst seem to show figure best. But Vintage Chlorine shows figure nice as well. I'd figure between 2900 and 3400. Without the discount for a CS run. So close to 3 grand or maybe a bit less sounds right.

Comment

You can still order these from the Custom Shop.

FYI....while the SLATQ-H was part of the USA Select Series at one point, every one was basically a Custom Shop piece. I agree with all of you that they were great guitars.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          You can still order these from the Custom Shop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I call 'em or what? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            FYI....while the SLATQ-H was part of the USA Select Series at one point, every one was basically a Custom Shop piece. I agree with all of you that they were great guitars.

[/ QUOTE ]
            That makes me think of something I always wondered about the SLAT-QH. The perception was that the guitar didn't sell enough. Was that really it or was it because it was more expensive to produce for the profit it provided. Considering how expensive a custom shop SLAT-QH is compared with say a SL-1, I can imagine there was quite a difference in the production costs. I don't remember how much these used to retail for but I kinda wondered if the lack of sales was only part of why it was removed from the production line.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
              That makes me think of something I always wondered about the SLAT-QH. The perception was that the guitar didn't sell enough. Was that really it or was it because it was more expensive to produce for the profit it provided. Considering how expensive a custom shop SLAT-QH is compared with say a SL-1, I can imagine there was quite a difference in the production costs. I don't remember how much these used to retail for but I kinda wondered if the lack of sales was only part of why it was removed from the production line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this is breaking the rules, as they no longer make this guitar and I bought mine 4 years ago(I have also never said who I bought it from), but I paid $1600 from the AD.
              Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

$1600 for one of these New was a steal bro!! They are so very nice. Jack.

Comment

Yeah, I think the best price I ever saw (about 2003 - 2004 time-frame) was $1875 or so. $1600 was definitely a good deal.

Comment

I got a better deal from Scott at Vwall beck in 2004 and it wasn't even in stock. I'm telling you Scott gets it done, hands down.
                    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

The $1875 price I saw was the listed price on the web-site. It was right around the time MAP was being implemented and all the details weren't worked out yet. I'm sure had I really tried, the price would have been lower. Can't even remember who's site it was anyway.

Comment

I think the 1st pic that sambencuda started this thread with is the nicest one here. Any other pics? Sucks to have let that guitar go!

Comment

Every thread on the JCF should be like this one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I wonder if the SLAT really has been discontinued or not.
                          Music Zoo seems to be getting them in rather frequently, they have a whole bunch listed right now.

And Jim, it looks like they took your idea for JA0474 and made a blue one -

Comment

Funny story.....

My guitar actually had to be rebuilt because of a mistake. They didn't drill the string through holes in a V pattern. The guitar had to be started over. I wondered what would hapen to the mistake guitar.

Now I know!

I also believe that the neck was not flamed maple.
                            "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Is there any tonal advantage to having string through holes in a V pattern as opposed to straight?

Sorry, I'm one of those floyd guys. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

i was gonna say, what Archtop said. that particular place has a whole schlew of SLATQH's.

and wow, a SLATQH with a floyd? now i would dig that!

Comment

Working...
                                X