SLATQ appreciation thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLATQ appreciation thread!

These are the greatest guitars for me, I love them!

Here is my collection:

http://www.metalbrigade.com/jcf/john/slat1.jpg
    http://www.metalbrigade.com/jcf/john/slat2.jpg
    http://www.metalbrigade.com/jcf/john/slat3.jpg

Comment

<font color="aqua">I was wondering where you were hiding! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Audiofile should be here soon, as well [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

see i always thought the nat finishes are the best but only if they are done right&lt;P&gt;
        member SLATQH has a prime example of good and bad quilt tops ,
        3rd one down in the first link , we would all be pretty pissed if we got that quilt as a custom shop,&lt;P&gt; but that is some collection of nat quilts n1!!!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Is there any tonal advantage to having string through holes in a V pattern as opposed to straight?

Sorry, I'm one of those floyd guys. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No difference that I've heard. I did that done because I wanted it to be different from the standard straight line and the v pattern looked cool to me.
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            see i always thought the nat finishes are the best but only if they are done right

member SLATQH has a prime example of good and bad quilt tops ,
            3rd one down in the first link , we would all be pretty pissed if we got that quilt as a custom shop,

but that is some collection of nat quilts n1!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">I'm not picking at you but rather just pointing something out to you. You can't judge a figured top until you see it in "person". Pics are very deceiving for figured tops because of the natural way that wood grows. He has his guitars set up all in the same direction for the picture, if he moved about a foot in any direction, those tops would change (visually) and could look totally different. Again, I'm not picking at you, I'm just trying to help you understand a bit more. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] </font>
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

OK, now my favorites ar Violin Brown and Natural!! Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                <font color="aqua">I'm not picking at you but rather just pointing something out to you. You can't judge a figured top until you see it in "person". Pics are very deceiving for figured tops because of the natural way that wood grows. He has his guitars set up all in the same direction for the picture, if he moved about a foot in any direction, those tops would change (visually) and could look totally different. Again, I'm not picking at you, I'm just trying to help you understand a bit more. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

np budman point noted, i'm just saying that i'm more for a chunky type of top , rather than it looking kind of cloudy in parts with little or no figure, anyhow i'm sure thay all look stunning in person

Comment

Yes, shame on me for not participating, even tho I've been watching this thread.

Comment

Arch tops look great in blue. Nice ax.
                    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I love those naturals. You are an evil man for tuanting us with all those. [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Are those gibson pickups you put on one or some othe gold covered pups? I've been thinking of putting a 490R into the neck of my SLATQH.

Comment

I love my slatqh!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I love seeing all of these beauties! I think the serial #'s are up to 477 or so, I think the Zoo has some of the newest ones. I prefer the oiled necks but I have one with a painted neck also. Every one of mine feel different in the hands. Some necks slightly wider or slightly thinner than the others. I want to experiment with different colored hardware too, black or chrome. Now that I have added #6 I think I will have to part with one of my NAMM 2002 Swee-Tones [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Back to the SLATQH's mine are currently all stock except for one with a Burstbucker in the bridge position, I threw a gold cover on the neck pickup to match it. Some feel lighter than others and some sound brighter acousticaly than others. I changed the nut on some so that the 4 high strings wind backwards, this reduced the angle at the nut and improved tuning. More later, I need to go play...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              i'm just saying that i'm more for a chunky type of top , rather than it looking kind of cloudy in parts with little or no figure, anyhow i'm sure thay all look stunning in person

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the same way. IMO most of the SLATQH's on the Zoo right now don't look very good. I have a blue one that has a nice top but the blue makes it hard to see. I have a new natural SLATQH coming on Wed that has an awesome top. I will post pics ASAP.
                              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

The gold covers look right with natural finish. It is interesting to note that the Gibby cover fits on what I'm assuming is a Duncan. Did you have to do a little filing? I'm not sure covers would look as good on a tobacco burst. I just ordered a Bill Lawrence for the bridge and I'm going to put a coverless 490R in the neck.

Comment

Working...
                                X