Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JA0072.. but.. *rant*

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I'm really pissed.. normally I don't mind a scratch or a dent, but here the original ad (http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1)
    was somewhat incorrect imo!

[ QUOTE ]
    a beautiful jackson electric guitar

[/ QUOTE ]..
    ok, from far away maybe:

[ QUOTE ]
    the guitar is in great conditions sound great with minor scratches detailed in the pic's

[/ QUOTE ]
    well, if I take pics, it sure doesn't look the same

I don't have a problem with the condition if I was informed correctly, but this is not what I paid for, so anyone know this seller elsilindro?

Luckely I've paid with VISA/Paypal, but I want to contact him first to offer me a sort of compensation.. and if not, I use the protection offered.

Re: JA0072.. but.. *rant*

I don't know the seller but I looked closely at this guitar when it was up on Ebay and thought the pic's looked a little 'low quality' and I just passed (plus I need one with a Floyd!). Contact the seller with the pic's you've shot and tell them you feel they've totally misrepresentated the guitar and what you want them to do to compensate; full refund and or $xxx in return. If they refuse, let them know you're going to file a dispute and give them 24-48 hours to respond/reply and then hit it! Be prepared for a long protracted battle, I bought a misrepresented Jackson neck from hrgrainger and it took 5.5 months to get 85% of my money back (and I'm stuck with a cracked and useless neck!).

Bummer, but even with all the dings she looks like a cool axe but for $600 and not what you ended up paying for her. GOOD LUCK and be glad you paid with Visa and PayPal!

Comment

Holy s**t!! You have every right to be pissed...and I'll guess that if he listed and sent it to you like that, you won't get any compensation from him. I would immediately contact Paypal and Visa. That's unbelievable.

Comment

Damn! Looks like water damage? I would consider buying it for $600 in that condition, but thats not the point. He knew exactly how he was listing it. He knew exactly what condition it was in. I wouldn't wait too long for a response from him. If he doesn't get back to you in a day, I'd start the paypal/eBay thing.

Good luck and keep us posted.
        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Clearly a misrepresented guitar, though my first thought when I saw the auction was "Is that headstock missing binding".

see what you can get from the seller, if the karma won´t let you go let me know, I´m interested despite the condition (though obviously also not for 700€)...

The binding repair alone would be 100$ or so, plus the seriously mangled finish and what looks to be splitting top.. I´d say 400USD absolute tops [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Ouch! That must have been a shock opening up that case! Dishonest people suck. Hopefully, he will step up and make it right. If its a good player at least you have a good player!

Comment

That sucks Peter. I thought it looked like water damage as well....Aside from the asthetic and the frets, how is it structurally, and does it play?

This doesn't for a second make it right, but I guess at least the price does leave room to get work done, though for it to be 'restored' it would need a complete strip and refinish, a refret and new hardware....
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That's just wrong. That thing looks like it has been under water at some point.

Comment

Oh man, that looks bad. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] Sorry you have to go through this.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Wow...that guitar looks like it's had a pretty rough life. At least it's in better hands now.

Comment

Man that just blows... and he lied his ass off in the auction.
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      the guitar is in great conditions sound great with minor scratches detailed in the pic's

[/ QUOTE ]
                      [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
                      I'd hate to see his definition of major damage.
                      He clearly misrepresented the guitar.
                      Looks like he purposely shot the pics in a way that would hide the damage. What and asshole.
                      -Rick

Comment

You were hosed. Every right to be PO'd. "Excellent condition" my ass. What's suprising is the seller had excellent feedback.

Comment

What a jerk, hope you get your money back and he is banned from ebay. Clearly mis-represented, what a shame, sorry you have to deal this. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Damn. What kind of an idiot treats an instrument like that? Is the top cracked all the way from the neck pu to the tail end? That's some serious damage. But yeah, the seller clearly tried to cover it up.
                            -Janne

Comment

Is the top itself split, or just the laquer?
                              Popular is not the same as good
                              Rare is not the same as valuable
                              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                              X