JA0072.. but.. *rant*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JA0072.. but.. *rant*

I would be over the top pissed bro!! Go get em!! I hate liers. Good luck man. Jack.

Comment

Re: JA0072.. but.. *rant* => UPDATE

I quote the seller's response:
      [ QUOTE ]
      hi...i just want to know why do you open a dispute?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Anyway, VISA & Paypal claim filed, might do IFCC also.. tbc.

Comment

Re: JA0072.. but.. *rant* => UPDATE

I've had a few scratched guitars that were stated to have no obvious dings. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] But man that rips! Hope it works out.
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          <font color="aqua">so I can't stop looking at the pictures and the do-it-yourselfer in me is dying to strip it to see how bad the wood really is.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

you sir, are NOT alone. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

about the katrina thing, was this shipped from new orleans? since it was on ebay.de, i kinda figured it was local for ol' petey.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

okay, california... anyway, i don't know about the water damage, but to be honest, i haven't seen any water damaged guitars, so i'm going more with overt abuse (do i sound like dr. drew? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ). this thing coulda had a major tumble (think head over heels with the binding damage and maybe a major hit at the ass end to make that crack. then again, i'm just speculating, myself; a fall like what i imagine probably woulda snapped the headstock.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I think its gotta be water to cause the binding to disintegrate and the top to come apart at the bookmatch, but I'm no expert.

Comment

Just play the guitar from about 10 feet away, and with some really dirty glasses on. Problem solved [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, man that really sucks. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I was seriously tempted by that auction, myself. I did notice some damage in the auction photos, but wow, nothing like what really happened to that guitar. I'd agree on the water damage verdict. Look at the exposed wood on the headstock--that's way worse than just a ding or a tear in the binding. Is the binding around the fretboard in good shape? I didn't see any damage to that--only to the headstock.

Comment

Water damage would probably have an oder that would give it away. Otherwise, it could have been poorly stored, abused, and otherwise neglected, thus resulting in the damage you see.

Sorry to see you get burned. Hope VISA takes care of it!!!

Comment

Re: JA0072.. but.. *rant* - update

VISA claim in process

Paypal claim is useless

[ QUOTE ]
                      We have determined that you may be eligible for a refund on this PayPal
                      transaction. To qualify for a refund, just return the item in its original
                      condition to the seller. (You are responsible for shipping and handling
                      costs for the returned merchandise.) The amount you will be eligible to
                      receive is determined by the terms of our buyer protection policies and we
                      may be unable to make a full recovery of your payment from the seller.

[/ QUOTE ]

so, translated, I'll pay for the return-shipping and in return I get 50% refunded of what I spent and no guitar while the deceiver, named daniel garcia, gets the guitar + 50% on top.. nice [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                      it makes you want to send an empty box..

btw, I don't think it was submerged completely, the condition of the binding on the neck isn't as bad as that of the headstock.

Comment

And people pay 3or4 times that for guitars that are relic'd...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          VISA claim in process

Paypal claim is useless

[ QUOTE ]
                          We have determined that you may be eligible for a refund on this PayPal
                          transaction. To qualify for a refund, just return the item in its original
                          condition to the seller. (You are responsible for shipping and handling
                          costs for the returned merchandise.) The amount you will be eligible to
                          receive is determined by the terms of our buyer protection policies and we
                          may be unable to make a full recovery of your payment from the seller.

[/ QUOTE ]

so, translated, I'll pay for the return-shipping and in return I get 50% refunded of what I spent and no guitar while the deceiver, named daniel garcia, gets the guitar + 50% on top.. nice [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                          it makes you want to send an empty box..

btw, I don't think it was submerged completely, the condition of the binding on the neck isn't as bad as that of the headstock.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">yep, ya gotta love paypal, they agree you probably got screwed so your supposed to send it back (your cost) and then pray that it arrives in the same condition he sent it to you (wasn't it fukked up to begin with?) and then MAYBE get 1/2 the money back......man that shit gripes my ass, whatta racket that is....... </font>
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

"btw, I don't think it was submerged completely, the condition of the binding on the neck isn't as bad as that of the headstock".

I agree. This isn't a flood guitar. If it was, it would be a total loss. This one looks like the victom of a very, very damp storage room or basement. Humidity can do bad things.

Good luck with the Visa claim.
                            "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Do I see a negative feedback on the horizen?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                "btw, I don't think it was submerged completely, the condition of the binding on the neck isn't as bad as that of the headstock".

I agree. This isn't a flood guitar. If it was, it would be a total loss. This one looks like the victom of a very, very damp storage room or basement. Humidity can do bad things.

Good luck with the Visa claim.

[/ QUOTE ]

thx Jim, I have faith in that one, I'll post the outcome of it..

I've played it today, I think it's actually still a decent player, I would settle for a 50% refund if it would have been a honest seller [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X