Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Introducing, JA0474..............

Jim -
    Nice fiddle - too bad about the little hassles...

Comment

awesome guitar Jim.. after my experience with JA0072 I would say no big deal [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

That isw such a sweet guitar Jim. As for the crack, I am really curious as to where that acctually happened at what point basically. I really hope Jackson didn`t let that leave the factory like that. I have a CS Soloist being made, and I will be very picky when I get it and go over it with a fined tooth comb when it get here, we pay too much for these guitars not to. I would think if she plays nice, Jackson should resolve this in the best manner possible. Jack.

Comment

IT was packed very well, by Scott. I ordered it with a regular Jackson ABS molded case, because after all the mess with the G&G cases, I wouldn't take a chance plus the ABS cases hold the guitars really well. There was also bubble wrap inside the case. I highly doubt it's a shipping issue. It's at the chunkiest part of the body/neck. It looks to me like the maple on the neck or top shrank at a different rate than the other. It's right on the seem.

All in all, I'm not as upset as I was when I had the problems with my SLATQH. I more disappointed I guess. You pay major coin for a guitar and wait 18 months, you want it to be perfect and it really should be. It's sad. I love Jacksons. I've owned many, but only a handful of new ones. Why pay for the hassle?

Pebber, good point. I just re-read your thread and I feel better now!
          "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

What terrible news about the crack Jim, more terrible that fact that this was for you the final straw with Jackson. I don't blame you, I pray there are no issues with my guitar when it finally comes. But actions speak louder than words and perhaps now Jackson will start to see that these little things have to be taken very seriously, people don't want to pay 3 grand for a guitar and have it come with defects. Its hard to say where this damage occured, but in the case of something like this Jackson should investigate. Scott the crack was there when it arrived to you correct? If thats the case I would think Jackson should eat some money on this, in my business if we sell something and its damaged or flawed we take 15% off the price and then get a refund from the vendor. And 9 times out of 10 they give it. I hope Jackson makes this right for you, because it would be a shame for you to start looking elsewhere for your custom guitars.

All that stuff aside, she is just gorgeous, the finish is incredible and that top is just wild. Very well chosen stuff.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's funny, I did the same and I feel worse [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Jim - that's a beautiful guitar, and I admire your taste [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I'm not sure what to say about the crack. It's not acceptable on a 2.5K guitar, but the hassles of sorting it out sound like they're not worth it. Maybe a 'factory second' refund is in order?......
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  IT was packed very well, by Scott. I ordered it with a regular Jackson ABS molded case, because after all the mess with the G&G cases, I wouldn't take a chance plus the ABS cases hold the guitars really well. There was also bubble wrap inside the case. I highly doubt it's a shipping issue. It's at the chunkiest part of the body/neck. It looks to me like the maple on the neck or top shrank at a different rate than the other. It's right on the seem.

All in all, I'm not as upset as I was when I had the problems with my SLATQH. I more disappointed I guess. You pay major coin for a guitar and wait 18 months, you want it to be perfect and it really should be. It's sad. I love Jacksons. I've owned many, but only a handful of new ones. Why pay for the hassle?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had to guess I'd suspect some kind of thermal cycling issue caused the crack after it was shipped. Cold here, warm there.

Comment

Great guitar, what a beauty. Sorry about the crack. How long was in it shipping? I noticed you live in ct and wondered if it was because of the cold weather while it was on the UPS truck? How long was it in shipping?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

If I had to guess I'd suspect some kind of thermal cycling issue caused the crack after it was shipped. Cold here, warm there.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was shipped from Cali to Texas first and then From Texas to CT. When Scott shipped the guitar, it went overnight. It left his place yesterday and arrived here this afternoon. It was about 50 degrees here today and the guitar case was not even cold when I removed it from the box. I highly doubt it this happened during shipping and if it did, Jackson has a lot more to worry about if they can't ship guitars between different climates. It's my feeling that the guitar came to Scott like this. It's not that noticable up front. I looked the guitar over for a full hour and I didn't notice it for about a 1/2 hour. It doesn't make a difference anyway. If Scott happened to pick it up, he would have had to send it back.

Look, I'm sure there will be a lot of opinions here about what happened and when it happened and whatever. The point is, I have purchased other new guitars from other manufacturers. Those guitars were shipped as well and I never had an issue. They were bought new and they were in "like new" condition. I've received 4 brand new Jacksons since 2004. I bought my SLATQH from Scott (finish crack) in the summer of 2004. I received the replacement for that guitar in Jan of 2005 (also had a small finish crack). I bought one of Scotts limited SL2TH Chlorines. That was the only guitar that was dead mint when I got it. Then I bought a brand new PC-1 from Matt this past fall. It had a few small dings on the neck that I noticed when I opened it. Matt said this did not happen at his shop. Now This one.

You get sick of paying out top $$$ and having issues.

I said it before, I love this guitar. I don't regret getting it. The crack is just par for the course for me. I've come to expect it and why go through it again if you know what the outcome will be. I was considering doing another Jackson CS, but honestly, I'm just spent on the whole deal.

[img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow man, that thing is beautiful! Great flame on that maple too [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

well, so much for that theory. I was trying to imagine a senario that didn't involve a screw up. You have a good point anyway that it shouldn't matter. Mine came cold now that I think about it.

Comment

I'd like to make a few points and then I'll let it die.

First off, I don't think Jackson knowingly let this leave the factory like this. This crack could have formed at any time between it being at Jackson and arriving at my house. I can see it getting missed. I really don't think Jackson would let something like this going knowing it would probably come back.

Secondly, I'm not saying that everything that comes out of Jackson is shit. This guitar is my dream guitar from many years ago. It is of the highest quality. Words cannot describe how nice it is. It plays great and is very tight. I'd pair this with a PRS any day. It just has a finish crack. If you have a CS on order, I wouldn't expect it to come in damaged. I'm sure most of you that have them on order will be very happy when they arrive.

Maybe it's just luck of the draw. This 4th tim for me now. I just don't want to lay out cash any more based on what I've received.

I'm not trying to bashing Jackson. I'm just telling you all what my experience was like.

I'm not totally burned on Jackson. I'm on a fence about a new custom shop. If it weren't for this, I would have had it ordered already.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I've received 4 brand new Jacksons since 2004. I bought my SLATQH from Scott (finish crack) in the summer of 2004. I received the replacement for that guitar in Jan of 2005 (also had a small finish crack). I bought one of Scotts limited SL2TH Chlorines. That was the only guitar that was dead mint when I got it. Then I bought a brand new PC-1 from Matt this past fall. It had a few small dings on the neck that I noticed when I opened it. Matt said this did not happen at his shop. Now This one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what I'd do about the finish crack (probably nothing), but here's what I do know, based on the above:

You have entirely too much money to spend. Send some of it to me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                I'd pair this with a PRS any day.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a low blow - comparing a Jackson to a PRS [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X