Guitar Damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Damage

Im thinking about buying a rhoads guitar that has had its headstock broken or cracked but it has been professionally repaired. Will it still sound the same and will it be easier to break now?

Re: Guitar Damage

If the repair was an actual "professional" repair you should have no problem. It should sound the same and should not be easie rto break. Can you verify that it is in fact a pro repair? If not, I would pass. That repair done the wrong way is going to be nothing but trouble.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Well they said the prs shop did it.....

Comment

if the seller has the receipt for the repair (he should) and it was done by prs (do they do repairs for people?) i'd say you're good.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

It will probably be harder to break if it's been professionally repaired

Comment

If it's a Gold Marble Rhoads with a cutout in the back, then no, you don't want it, but I do [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

LOL Newc [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The one he is talking about is the yellow with black bevels pro on ebay. I saw it. It had sold last auction and feedback was left, but the same seller is selling it again.

CLICK HERE
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Something funny going on there with the feedback. Have you asked him about that? $565 for a Professional with a HS repair sounds a bit high. I'd prefer a headstock repair over a neck repair.

Comment

Interesting. Same headstock break as the black WR Pro I had, and look there's a allen wrench holder on the head too.

$565 for a neckthrough USA-quality Pro is not high at all.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Interesting. Same headstock break as the black WR Pro I had, and look there's a allen wrench holder on the head too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not when I've seen them go for $499 at GC without breaks. Pearl white and black with severe wing tip chipping and no case though. Assholes wouldn't go lower than $469 so I walked. I wanted to give them no more than $350 for it LOL! This was Jan '05.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Maybe not to you, but with that break, I wouldn't be interested.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yeah these are rising in value DonP.
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

So then this guitar is a good buy?

Comment

Need more info. Do you have a pic? Do you know the exact model? (Is it a Rhoads PRO) See this thread first:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&Number=577360
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X