Mike Learn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Learn

Is it me, or are the Mike Learn Jackson's looking like they all came out of a tattoo parlor? I mean, he does nice work, but it all looks the same...

Re: Mike Learn

Mike is actually a member here and a super nice guy .. He was brought on to bring a new dimension to the jackson product ...
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I think Mikes work is amazing..can't wait to own one for myself. I think the "tattoo parlor" look is beyond amazing when seen on a guitar. None of it looks the same to me at all. It just all looks ..... WOW!! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

His stuff kicks ass [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] I have seen his work from the Harley mags and was suprised to "Learn" he had joined Jackson.
        Perfect fit in my book! Just wish they were not so expensive...even though they are well worth it

Comment

Can Mike also do tattoos? I need some new work. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It's just you. Mike's stuff is flat out awesome and a great new look for a few of our favorite guitars. And this coming from a fan of the classic stuff who'll likely never shell out for one.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I saw a rail car that he had tagged a few years ago - thought it looked good [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah, dude is a real badass. He did these flames that are just incredible.

There's a few new pics on the Jackson site that he did too that are seriously badass.

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Pretty sure I saw a tv show that showed him doing the whole front end of a hot rod lie that for some dude. What a paint job

Comment

In my opinion the overall paints from my learn kick asses. The flames, the kois, skull n stuff, the voodoo tiki, hot babes, spiders, and so on.

The only thing I dont understand and dont like very much is those taboo graphics (miniaturised heads) with scent pot around. There was a 27 fret jackson with a skull graphic. It would look perfect without those crippled heads.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Yeah, dude is a real badass. He did these flames that are just incredible.

There's a few new pics on the Jackson site that he did too that are seriously badass.

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing. This thread needs more pictures!

-a

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Is it me, or are the Mike Learn Jackson's looking like they all came out of a tattoo parlor? I mean, he does nice work, but it all looks the same...

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not just you. He is absolutly amazing. Almost unreal how cool some of his stuff looks. However, his work is not for all of us to own (hey, I dont have a Jackson Kelly or Star either, but that doesnt mean that I am going to sell my Vs [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
                        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not just you. He is absolutly amazing. Almost unreal how cool some of his stuff looks. However, his work is not for all of us to own (hey, I dont have a Jackson Kelly or Star either, but that doesnt mean that I am going to sell my Vs [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]
                          +1 Yea it does. I do admire his talent and I got to see many examples of them this weekend at Fullers Vintage. Amazing work in person. I just don't get the themes? They are really warped IMO. I wouldn't own any of the current ones except maybe the above flames job.
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Every artist has his/her own style. It's tough to stand out and remain true to a certain style of your own, just like guitar work.

I think his stuff is deadly myself, and there are many choices from others as well. Id be curious as to what you define "tattoo parlor" as my friend operates one, and I have seen him and his inkers do a large variety of unique stuff

Comment

im a big fan of mike learns, i have a tribal flames kelly.

Comment

Working...
                              X