CS jackson w/ LesPaulish specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS jackson w/ LesPaulish specs

I tried a LP satin w/ 60's neck in GC and fell in love with the tone and feel of it. the QC was aweful as expected but setup was good so it didn't affect my playing. the sticker was 2K.
    I just config'ed a LP speced RR with the CS form, it went like this,
    RR1 with mahogany neck thru mahog body with plain maple top, 22 frets and 24.75" scale, HH w/o trem, oiled neck and rosewood board, regular binding and inlay, etc.
    has anyone tried something similar?

Re: CS jackson w/ LesPaulish specs

[ QUOTE ]
    has anyone tried something similar?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Jackson has. It's called the KV2T. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I wouldn't call KV2T similar,
      no maple top and 24 frets should make it sound quite different, heck, LP and SG sound quite different for the diff of the body.

Comment

If you really want the closest to a LP, it would probably be a Demon body or a Phil Collen Archtop you would want to look at. The body mass is the reason.

Comment

This would be similar to a 750XL wouldn't it? I've never had the chance to see or play one.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            the sticker was 2K.

[/ QUOTE ]
            GC was blowing those out for $1,299 not to long ago.
            [ QUOTE ]
            the QC was aweful as expected

[/ QUOTE ]
            That's why they had to blow them out for $1,299.

Comment

750xl is similar. Small, thick, and heavy mahog body. Set neck.
              [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              Neck is different, tho. Wider fretboard with a flatter radius. Slightly thinner profile. Doesn't feel like a LP.
              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
                the QC was aweful as expected

[/ QUOTE ]
                That's why they had to blow them out for $1,299.

[/ QUOTE ]
                now that's a reasonable price if all the flaws are limited to cosmetics.
                the details of the one I tried was so bad it was almost amusing. so there's 22 frets and there's 22 places where a fret meets the neck binding on the upper/thumb side. they all seem to look and feel different. yes, it's that bad. if they randomly file and sand the fret ends some will end up being similar. almost like they intentionaly made all 22 frets feel different so you know which one you are at by feel the fret [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm guessing you could do a SLATQ with a thicker body, 24.75 in scale, rosewood board and tom/stoptail. Might actually be a cool piece.
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

FWIW, here's my '05 Les Paul Faded Standard - plays like a dream (after I had it Plek'd). Also polished the top...

"You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

man! that's a beauty,
                      how did you guys get all these great les pauls? from the web or GC? I've never seen a good one at GC. do you check them out reguarly? or you know when they get new ones? what's the secret?

Comment

I had to go to 3 GC's, look at 20+ guitars, but didn't find one that had a killer top. I'd say the easily 90% of the Fadeds out there have downright awful tops and/or setups from the factory that are so bad that I had to question whether or not a proper setup would even do the trick.

Anyway, when I finally found this one, a GC sales dude called me to let me know that they just got one in, and that it had a great flame top. I got lucky...
                        "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

That's exactly how I got my LP. I had gone through the stock at couple GCs but didn't pull the trigger for one reason or other. Then when a new one came in the sales guy called me in to check it out and I grabbed it. They will shuffle guitars between stores too though, so 'this just in' doesn't always mean 'this is just off the truck and nobody has touched it yet.'

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I've never seen a good one at GC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good ones at GC are gone as soon as they come in the door. Only the shit ones are left behind, for months or years.

It is luck, you have to be at the right place at the right time. I've gotten lucky a few times on the web as well, but you take you chances every time.

Comment

Well, my next CS order (not right now but...) will be a mahogany RR with arched maple top, just like my maple neck/alder wings with arched maple topped RR. Should be kinda LesPaul-ish I guess... Will probably go short scale, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X