Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CS jackson w/ LesPaulish specs

[ QUOTE ]
    Well, my next CS order (not right now but...) will be a mahogany RR with arched maple top, just like my maple neck/alder wings with arched maple topped RR. Should be kinda LesPaul-ish I guess... Will probably go short scale, too.

[/ QUOTE ]
    WOW,
    that's what I put together in the first post! don't forget the oiled neck.

Comment

My next CS Jackson will also have the 24.75 scale. Not sure which model yet, probably another Soloist, but if they will make me a JJ2 type, it might be just that with all mahogany and just 1 humbucker. Jack.

Comment

here's a crazy though:
        can we get enough jcf members and some dealers to order a small patch of that RR? I am repeating the specs, mahog thru mahog body with carved maple top, HH, 24.75 scale, regular h/s with regular sharkies, etc, I would prefer the KV neck ...

Comment

That sounds cool!! Not me at all, but I hope you get 'er done. Jack.

Comment

Here is another idea, for a true les paul. Why not see if Jackson will do a USA NASL body. They may not, its currently a Jackson Stars only model, but thats very much like a PRS body so that might get you closer. Just a note, with a neck thru mahogany neck, I'd strongly recommend a 3 piece neck for stability. Mahogany can be wonky sometimes.

Comment

I had a SG Custom Shop that looked awesome but played like crap!! GIbsons are overpriced. No I take that back ...they are waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy overpriced. They might as well be made in KOrea...oh wait a minute that's an Epiphone. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X