KV2 owners help me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV2 owners help me.

Where does the top of the base plate of the Floyd Rose sit in relation to the top of the body on your guitar? Mine is just a hair below the top of the body and I wouldn't mind lowering it a little more but it would make it harder to tighten/loosen the screws that hold the string in the saddle because I would have to tilt the bridge forward slightly while doing that. I guess my main question is what size fret wire is on your KV2? I thought they came with jumbo fretwire but the wire on mine is smaller than any Jackson/Charvel I have ever owned. If the fretwire was taller this wouldn't be an issue for me. By the way, I still love this guitar.

Re: KV2 owners help me.

KV2s have smaller fretwire than most USA Jacksons. I always tilt the bridge forward when I tighten the clamp screws anyway, so lower the bridge if you want!
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      KV2s have smaller fretwire than most USA Jacksons. I always tilt the bridge forward when I tighten the clamp screws anyway, so lower the bridge if you want! [/quote

Thanks for the reply. If I ever would need to refret this guitar in the distant future I'll probably put taller wire on it, but like I said, it's an awesome guitar, both playing and looking.

Comment

Dave Mustaine preferred the smaller, medium jumbo frets on his King Vs, so they just decided to keep them on all production Vs after.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Weird mine is not level?? Up near the bridge PUP it sits a little above the body and towards the back it sits a little below the body? Is that normal?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Weird mine is not level?? Up near the bridge PUP it sits a little above the body and towards the back it sits a little below the body? Is that normal?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're gonna have to take the tremolo cavity plate off and loosen the tremolo springs, then retune the guitar and check to see if it's floating parallel to the body. You may have to do this a few times to get it right.

Comment

Working...
            X