No announcement yet.

Fully bound bolt on necks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jackson used to provide copies of work orders, but they won't any longer. Not that I've been looking, but I can't recall seeing another neck like that one.

Comment

that was mine. it was custom ordered that way.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Really.....So hey Mark EXACTLY what year is the guitar, and what is the body made out of? I'll put up some picture's when I get done with the guitar. I'm gonna shoot it metalflake Plum then airbrush it. Putting together some electronics for it now. Will be just a little different. One of the single-coils is gonna come out and replace it with a Lil-59. Then I'll wire it for ALL the combinations of HSH. I may go with a SHH pattern just to do something different. Just don't know how BRIGHT the 59 will be in the MIDDLE? So you put the DiMarzio Paf-Pro in? I have them in a 335 copy I built. Pretty versatile pick-ups. Also pretty close to my Gibson's BB-PRO's. I like them. I like the J-100's too. I just don't need the both of them in there!

Comment

Oh by the way IS THE FRETBOARD Brazilian Rosewood? It sure looks like it with the Orange tint.

Comment

Hey did you know the color was gonna come out like that when you ordered it? I would have thought Burgandy would have been more on the Purple/Redish side?

Comment

This was just up on Ebay and now it's gone
              what happened?
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Now its in my basement undergoing EXTREME MAKEOVER! Just finished putting the Lil-59 in and adjusting the poles, polished frets, oiled the fretboard, re-strung with EB's. Sounds a little different now!

Comment

I had a really crazy 1988 bolt on neck. It was factory fully bound, had flipped sharkfins (not upside down), rosewood board, pearl logo and black finish on the rear.

Comment

Well pulled it apart again. Not really happy with the 59 in the neck. So I went with my original plan! Soldered the J-100 back into the neck postion. Swapped out the middle single-coil for the Lil-59. So the Lil-59 is in the middle now. SOUNDS 100% BETTER. Has a very good neck single-coil tone. And a Very usable middle position Humbucker tone. So in essence it now has 5-usable tones at any position on the 5-way switch. In the neck the 59 just was not clear. To much mid-range honk and to muddy. I thought it would be TOO BRIGHT in the middle. I was wrong it is just right there!

Comment

I'm gonna go ahead and paint it. But I want to think aboput what I'm gonna do with the electronisa first. There is ALOT of room in the control cavity. So I think I'll add the Tone 500k CTS pot. And possibly a couple mini toggles for on-off on the pick-ups. Then wire the 5-way for coil split options on the two humbuckers, and out of phase options. So untill I get all that together I'll hold off on the paint. For now it plays and sounds VERY GOOD. It could just have many more tonal option.

Comment

Working...
                      X