Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Custom Shop Warrior Ultraviolet Cherry Sunburst (pics, review, and thanks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Custom Shop Warrior Ultraviolet Cherry Sunburst (pics, review, and thanks)

Hey guys. This post is a bit overdue. Been busier than I'd like to be!
    Here is my Custom Shop Warrior in Transparent Ultraviolet Cherry Sunburst custom. 1 off custom color. Maple neck-through with standard profile, alder wing backs, 3/4" quilt maple top on wings only, ebony rails, ebony fretboard, mother of pearl inlays, SLS headstock, chrome hardware, Kahler Pro, recessed control knobs & switch, Duncan Jazz in neck, Duncan Invader in bridge.

Ordered in May 2004 from Rob at Guitar Asylum. Final inspection date August 2005. Received February 2006.

So the story goes... I wanted something new in a rare Ultraviolet Sparkle Cherry Sunburst color BC Rich's custom shop used to paint in the early to mid 80's. The pics unfortunately don't really show the color 100% correctly. I decided my 2nd custom shop Warrior should be this color and my idea was to blend the best of my two favorite guitar makers (-vintage- BC Rich USA and current day Jackson USA). I expected to have a problem getting the color right. I had heard that Dan Lawrence was the only guy who could still nail this color as it was in the old days. I requested he paint the guitar and to my total joy, Jackson agreed immediately. I sent pics of one of my 80's guitars and Dan matched the color perfectly, including bursting the back of the body and neck just like the 80's! The other build specs included ebony rails, which was something a little foreign to Jacksons. They're something I've always liked on trans-colors and they turned out perfectly. This guitar turned out better than I could have ever hoped. I spent quite a while just staring at it with my jaw on the floor. It sounds incredible, feels incredible, and looks incredible! I want to stress, there is not ONE thing about this guitar I can complain about!

I want to thank Rob at Guitar Asylum for putting up with me over the past few years, Mike Kotzen for deciphering the weird things I want, Pablo & everyone else at the custom shop for their supreme building expertise, and Dan Lawrence for his paint perfection. Everyone involved in this order made it an absolute pleasure to get this guitar. It was worth every damn second of waiting!

Pics are here:

And guess what? There are more to come very soon!

Scott
    Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Extremely nice. That is what getting a Custom Shop is all about. Totally unique, lots of ideas coming together. I really dig the maple neck/quilt top part, looks good. Congrats, get some more pics up when you get a chance
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Wow man, that's a kickass piece, very unique lookin too. Congrats to ya

Comment

That back is awesome - looks like 1 continuous burst of metal!

Comment

Wow. Nice to see her complete. Fantastic job.
          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Damn, that is awesome! That thing is so unique, I love it!

Comment

One day I 'll have the money for a custom shop order. Congrats!

Comment

Great guitar. Congrats. It'd be interesting to see more pics with the ultra-violet effect, if you can.

Originally posted by Scholomance
                Ordered in May 2004... Final inspection date August 2005. Received February 2006.
                15 months to build? Check. An extra 6 months from completion to shipping? Good lord, that's freakin' absurd!

(And, yes, I'm waiting impatiently on a - already-completed - custom shop to ship.)
                Last edited by shreddermon; 04-08-2006, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Wow, now that is unique.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon
                    15 months to build? Check. An extra 6 months from completion to shipping? Good lord, that's freakin' absurd!

(And, yes, I'm waiting impatiently on a - already-completed - custom shop to ship.)
                    Very Nice guitar.

I'm waiting on your getting your CS as well. Can't wait to see more pics. It's mind boggling that it takes 6 months to ship.
                    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Yeah, the one thing I'm not happy about is the shipping time. I have no idea why it would take so long. This isn't the first time this has happened on that issue. Luckily, I'm very patient and the guitar turned out beautiful. I'll let you guys know the dates on my next ones. I am pretty sure its not as long a delay on them.

Scott

Comment

that is one sweet looking axe..... looks like it has a killer tone also.. and super fast kneck..

Comment

Very special guitar, congrats!

Why is it listed as "Immediate delivery" at GA? Are there more build?
                          Henrik
                          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
                            Very special guitar, congrats!

Why is it listed as "Immediate delivery" at GA? Are there more build?
                            Rob forgot to put 'sold' on some of his new guitar page updates!

Comment

I don't care for that headstock, but the rest of it is very nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X