No announcement yet.

Teaser Pics! ; )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a pretty awesome-looking guitar. I love the colors in the logo and 25 frets is definitely out-of-the-ordinary!
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
      That Stealth

What's your exact address?
      Luckily enough...FAR away from you.
      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by MOSHWITZ
        lovin the red around the Jackson logo,,,,and the end of the frettboard is a killer touch bro

MOSH ON
        DAVE

+1

That guitar just kicks ass!
        Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Thanks! I figured since I was going for a 'custom' I wanted it to be unique... I didn't specify how I wanted the "Made in USA" and Custom Shop logo were to be placed, or for Mike Shannon to sign it, but I think he chose the right way to do it!

In case anyone cares... This is the 'additional material' I supplied to Jackson for what it took to get this accomplished:

XTRR Work Order

An unfinished picture of the headstock face that shows the 3-piece mahogany neck... one of the 'proof of life' pictures that were sent. Binding is red but looks purple for some reason... I was assured that it was indeed red.

Last edited by xenophobe; 04-16-2006, 02:47 AM.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Man, that is a kickass RR you've got going there Mike, I love it, though I would have to get sharkfins, but a lot of guys like the naked look, I can dig that. Here's hoping you get it sooner than you think, and it's everything you wanted it to be.

Vic

Comment

Thanks! I certainly hope it is!

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe
                binding over fret ends....
                I'm just wondering why you chose this, and what the rest of you think. I know that it looks better this way, probably a big upcharge because it is a LOT of extra work over regular binding too. But I wonder about how it affects playability because the fret is a little narrower, you can't bend a string as far before running off the fretboard. Common on fender basses, but I hadnt seen it on guitars.

That is a great looking guitar! can't wait to see it.

Postal!

Comment

Can't believe I missed this thread. That's a killer custom dude, congrats! That red binding looks a LOT better than I imagined it would

Comment

Damn, that thing is niice!

Comment

a lot of mockups have been created on the CSG, it's very cool to see one actually come to fruition. I always liked that design too, xeno.

Although I maintain that my 1 slant single, peppermint-with-pink-bevels Rhoads design is infinitely cooler

I noticed that your mockup specs an EMG 85 wired for 18 volts, but above you said it's an 89?
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah, the CSG was really helpful in getting this done. Yes, it's an 85... dunno why I said 89. I don't need the versatility... heh

Comment

There's an interesting story regarding how they got Mike Shannon's signature to be red on the back of the headstock. Mike signed his name on a piece of paper, then one of the tape guys out there took an Exacto knife and actually cut his signature out of the paper. The base coat was red, the signature was laid on top of the red and then the black top coat was applied. They pulled the paper signature off and the final product is what you're seeing.

Is that wild or what???
                          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Wow... that sounds so tedious.... I hope they put that kind of effort into the rest of the guitar! ;p

Actually, I'm sure he's proud of it if he's gone through that much trouble to get his sig on it!

Comment

Working...
                            X