Favorite neck PU for SL1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite neck PU for SL1.

I have an SL1 coming in tomorrow and I'm not sure if I'll stick with the Duncan classic stack. I have a Duncan CD which plays samples of all the pickups they make and i think i liked the Little 59. I'm not really looking for a classic strat sound and i want the SL1 to sound fat in the neck position.

So what does everyone use in thier SL1's?
    Check out some of my Boogie IIC+, III, and various other amps clips here.
    http://soundcloud.com/danieldowning

OT - where did you get that cd? I'd like to have one too...

Comment

well, this won't help you because you don't want a classic strat sound, but i LOVE the duncan antiquity strat pick ups. they do hum and buzz but the tone is orgasmic. when i use a single coil i prefer a TRUE single coil. those duncans sound SO amazing!!!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I have that CD around here somewhere - I picked it up at NAMM one of the years....
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
          I have that CD around here somewhere - I picked it up at NAMM one of the years....
          can you rip it and upload it somewhere?

Comment

FYI - All of the sound clips on that CD are on Duncan's website. No ripping necessary. Here's the link for SCs:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/SDToneWizard/strat.shtml

They do the same for humbuckers, too:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/SDToneWizard/hummer.shtml

Comment

I have a lil 59 in the neck of my Jackson snakeskin strat.
              it sounds great but is a bit lower gain than the classic stack. If you're looking for "fat" you're going to need to up the gain on your amp, but the tone out of the pick up is pretty sweet.
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

J-200, EMG SA or Duncan Cool Rails are my personal favorites, but the Lil´59 and Cool rails are essentially the same pup with different poles

That said, I generally prefer an EMG 81 or JB at the neck to any single coil or Lil Humbucker

Comment

I've got a SD Hot Rails in the neck of my SL-1 and a Cool Rails in the middle. Love it! Have you considered the *new* Classic Stack?
                  "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Working...
                  X