Custom Shop Binder arrived today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop Binder arrived today!

After a long wait, the custom shop binder for my UV Sunburst Custom Warrior arrived today. It took extra time after the delivery of the guitar, but these things are cool. For those who have not yet seen one, they are in a black leather binder with 'Jackson' logo and 'Master Built' embossed into the cover. There is a magnetic strap button on the strap to keep it closed. Inside has a full color photo of my guitar with certificate of authenticity and serial number, a full color photo of Pablo Santana and Mike Shannon (who also hand signed the certificate guitar photo), and the spec sheet/work order. There is also a cd containing about half a dozen pics of my guitar during the build process! These are hands down the most nifty type of custom guitar authenticity verification I've seen. Beats the hell out of a generic paper certificate some companies use! Keep 'em coming Jackson!

Scott
    Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Those sound cool, do you have to request them, or do they come with every custom shop guitar?
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

According to what John has said they should come with every custom guitar ordered after a certain date...Dunno the exact date but I get the feeling most guitars coming out of the custom shop now should be getting binders. Maybe more will be forthcoming for those who have been waiting?

Comment

They're working on them. When you actually see one, you can see how it takes time to put them together. I imagine its especially time consuming digging up all the right in-progress construction pics for each guitar when they have so many pics of their own and customer supplied art/specs (my color match pics I sent in were also included on my disc). Then they have to burn the pics to disc, make a nice image of the guitar and lay text over it, etc.

Comment

That is very cool of the Custom Shop.

Scholomance, is your name in any way printed on the certificate, so that people would know that you were the first owner?
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

pics! (from the cd)

Comment

Where is the binder made?
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

When did you order, and when did you recieve your guitar, and, how long after you got the guitar was the binder? (I'm awaiting one myself...)
                Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlz
                  When did you order, and when did you recieve your guitar, and, how long after you got the guitar was the binder? (I'm awaiting one myself...)
                  +2 I just received my CS 2 weeks ago and didn`t get one, but it took about 13/14 months to make. Maybe my guitar didn`t make the cutoff date Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                    Where is the binder made?
                    At the binder factory. ;-P

Comment

Ordered this guitar in May 2004 and received it February 2006. I got the binder in the mail from the dealer yesterday.

Scott

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmm....... I am going to have to ask my dealer aobut mine then. Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Hmmm. I don't understand how this is being implemented. I've been told diffferent things by different people. Some said it was only for special runs. Others said custom shop guitars only. And I just received a custom, too, but no binder.

I'm not going to whine about it - just not worth that to me. But, as best I can tell, the implementation seems inconsistent or spotty, at best. Hopefully this gets sorted out.

Comment

Well as Scholo noted, the binder came in quite a bit after the guitar did. A couple months lag time.

Comment

Yeah but, as best I can tell from hearing from others, not everyone is getting them. Even after waiting that long.

...Meh, whatever.

Comment

Working...
                              X