Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not important this color ... only jackson only sl2 thats important

Comment

Grats Danny, nice collection you have there now....why are you going with the floyds though, I thought you said you didn't like them as much as the kahler's?

Comment

Originally posted by Inearthed
        Didn't you own one exactly like that about 3 or 4 months ago?

Cool guitar though.
        I had a Natural flame SL2H, very nice, had to sell to buy my CS Soloist That was a great guitar, I know this black one will be also for this fella Jack.

Comment

I've got an SL2H in trans black. total kick ass guitar.
          That looks great in solid black, nice score!
          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Beautiful.
            Last edited by EvilBatman; 05-12-2006, 01:57 AM.

Comment

excellent!!
              everlasting life for me in a perfect world...but I gotta die first, please god send me on my way!

Comment

Thanks everyone. Its a great guitar!
                Here is it with EMG 81/85 + EMG SPC

Comment

Soloists with EMG's are so sexy.... i see you sold the ESP & LTD hanneman signatures you had, why? and you've said that you really like the duncans in the GRF soloist so why did you change them?
                  Sorry just curious

Comment

Originally posted by TruckerDave
                    Soloists with EMG's are so sexy.... i see you sold the ESP & LTD hanneman signatures you had, why? and you've said that you really like the duncans in the GRF soloist so why did you change them?
                    Sorry just curious
                    I've played ESP Hannmans on stage and at band practices and here at exclusively for about 3 years now. I love the way they sound, feel and play......and I liked the kahler alot. But I think that I just got kinda bored or burned out on them. I wanted something different.

During those 3 years I had several other ESP's, LTD's, Jackson's and a couple of Gibsons and the ones I liked the most and felt most comfortable with was the SL2H. When I decided to change there was really no doubt in my mind that Jackson SL2H would be the ones I'd start using at home, at band practice and on stage.

I've also decided to move away from having 2 or 3 all black guitars. I have my blackest of black SL2H.......but I want some other colors and graphics SL2H's. I've got a GGF and I'm on the hunt for a CopperHead SL2H.

I like the way the stock pick ups sounded on the SL2H's once I got used the the difference between them and active EMGs and redialed in my rig. But here is what happened. I was at a gig playing my ESP Hanneman. It has EMG 81/85's + a EMG SPC. Nice hot tone and signal. I had my rig dialed in just the way I liked it. My tone sounded and felt great onstage. Then halfway thru the second song on the set I broke my lower E on my Hanneman. I had my GGF SL2H as a back up.

Well the GGF felt and played great (its my main guitar right now with my black SL2H being the back up) but it sounded like crap. The lower output and tone of the passive pick ups just didnt sound right that night onstage. I was real unhappy onstage the rest of the set. I guess I am just used to the sound and feel of active EMG's.

The very next day I ordered EMG 81/85 + SPC and installed them as soon as they got here.

I need a Red Ghost Flame SL2H and a CopperHead SL2H in that picture

Comment

Nice picture DannyM! You need a blue and a black ghost flame axe to complete the collection, as well as the red .

Comment

Wow Danny, did you actually sell your S and Key Hanneman?

Comment

Originally posted by superduty01
                          Wow Danny, did you actually sell your S and Key Hanneman?

Traded it for some cash and a mint like new 2203X. I got back exactly what i paid for it and a promise to get first dibs at it if the new owner ever decides to sell it. Worked out really good. That S & Key was the ultimate Hanneman.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyM
                            Traded it for some cash and a mint like new 2203X. I got back exactly what i paid for it and a promise to get first dibs at it if the new owner ever decides to sell it. Worked out really good. That S & Key was the ultimate Hanneman.
                            That it was. If by chance it comes up for sale and you don't want it for some insane reason, let me know

Comment

Working...
                            X