Jackson USA J-100 pick-ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson USA J-100 pick-ups

The J-100 pups that were stock in the 80's CS Jackson's, what are they? I mean are these stacked pups. Are they they straight-up single coils. Alnico II? I must say I am pretty impressed with the J-100's. I have used and owned pretty much everything made by Fender, Duncan and DiMarzio. For a straight up Vintage sounding single-coil, these are really good pups. Just my 2-cents! Thinking about removing the middle in a SSH pattern and replacing it with a Lil 59 Duncan I have here. The neck is JUST-RIGHT for Strat sc tones. The middle I rarely use. I figure with a hum in the middle, it will give me dual-humbuckers in the 4-position, and single-coil-humbucker in the 2 position. Thats alot of different tones. QUESTION is.....Do you think the Lil-59 will be to BRIGHT in the Middle position?

Originally posted by garysblues
    The J-100 pups that were stock in the 80's CS Jackson's, what are they? I mean are these stacked pups. Are they they straight-up single coils. Alnico II?...
    Straight up "Classic style" A-5 single coils with a 6-7 k vintage spec wind...

Comment

I have one on my blue Star and it sounds awesome!
      My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

So its 6.7 eh? Ya it hangs in there pretty good with humbuckers as far as volume drop-off. Nice sparkle clear, balenced, not to bright-spikey, just right. Without a doubt one of the better Vintage SC's I've heard in the neck position. Matter of fact to get a better sounding pup you would have to go boutique. Suhr, Liny Fralin, etc etc, there is NOTHING in Fenders, Duncans or Dimarzio's bag if tricks thats as good as these for straight up Vintage Tone with a decent output!

Comment

6-7 = six to seven, not necessarily 6.7, though that is within the range

Comment

Hi Zerb
            Just installed mine in my old Tokai!!!
            I love them just as much as my Duncans
            Niels

Comment

Hey Niels... what did I do to get you over here? And yeah, I really like the J-100s, esp. the 12k J-100XLs in my Strathead

Welcome to the JCF

Comment

Personal taste... I have a bunch of them and I don't like 'em. I also have the J-100XLs and they are a little better (a good deal hotter anyway), but my guitars improved in tone dramatically when I replaced them all with Van Zandts. Van Zandts are hard to beat for aggressive yet traditional sounding single coils.

Comment

I love the J100's. Very vintage and clear sounding. I jus wish they didnt hum
                  I know the J200's are stacks but theyseem to loose a little clearity to the j100. Plus they fit the duncan covers too. So you can fool people. If you were so inclined. lol
                  Gil

Comment

Hehe Zerb I am researching man!!!
                    I am looking for some nice Charvels here...hehe
                    Love those J-100's...now I just need to get my grubby hands on a Jackson J-90c.

Comment

Well, you´re gonna have to be faster than I am... I love the J-90C

Comment

Hehe yeah...and I am searching high and low here for a Charvel...thought I had a 475 on my hands, the store sold it 2 months ago...and never updated their site, there is a picture on the SD board...grumble mumble and it was cheap too!

Comment

Originally posted by Rid View Post
                          Hi Zerb
                          Just installed mine in my old Tokai!!!
                          I love them just as much as my Duncans
                          Niels
                          He is here to check that charvel right?
                          Hi Niels!
                          oh btw.Hi Tim!:ROTF:
                          www.myspace.com/daemonbarbeque

www.soundclick.com/ear

"There is no knowledge wich is not power" Lord Raiden