• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info request :: SL2H

A 96 SL2H made out of mahogany?

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

If it's custom it's entirely possible, but a stock? It sounds sweet, but I wasn't aware Jackson made any of their guitars stock with Mahogany except for some of the newer ones out lately. Someone here will definitely have more info for you, though.

Cheers,
    Nick

Comment

Yeah.... was down at guitar center today and saw one hanging on the wall for 1400.00. It was a off green/blueish color with all crome hardware and PU rings. Pretty sweet looking. Didn't have a chance to play it yet and I was debating between this used soloist and a san dimas charvel =)

I figure what the hell... I payed off the car... I payed off the credit cards... I can spoil myself =)

-Nate

Comment

SL2H-MAH is a possibility, but they weren't maaking them in '96. That might be the typical GC misinformation.

Comment

Thanks Shreddermon... Appreciate the info's =)

-Nate

Comment

Originally posted by nateb
            It was a off green/blueish color with all crome hardware and PU rings.
            Sounds like Blue/Green Pearl. Someone must have changed out the hardware from black. Chrome hardware comes on the trans colored Soloists.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Oh yeah... one more thing... it had no inlays. That is what really made me like it.

-Nate

Comment

No inlays? Hmmm, then it sounds like an SL2, not an SL2H. Those had chrome hardware, import JT580LP trem and Armstrong pickups. Never heard of one in that color, though. And they were either alder or poplar bodies. Should have black binding on the neck and headstock, too.

Comment

Is that model still a USA, toejam? 1400 is a high price for an import...and I thought the USAs came with better pickups and trems.

Thanks,
                  Nick

Comment

That's a USA made one, here are some pictures of a SL2;

Check my bands!
                    www.myspace.com/magicktr
                    www.myspace.com/sinif64
                    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by Misanthrope189
                      Is that model still a USA, toejam? 1400 is a high price for an import...and I thought the USAs came with better pickups and trems.

Thanks,
                      Nick
                      USA made. But I believe it was like a more affordable budget model with the import trem and pups and no inlays. They made them in yellow, gun metal gray and red. They might have made them in blue, also.

Comment

Well, I bought it. After a lot of discussion with thesed dumbasses about proper floyd care, they finally understood that they needed to do some work on it. Someone installed 5 springs in the back basically nailing the tremelo to the recessed area. Not a big deal. But, I made them fix it and then found out that they cannot release it until 5/22/2006 because it is a used item. Fuggen pissed. But, its going to be a nice player after the setup is complete. And I know.... Pictures will be posted. =)

Thanks for the help guys... =)

-Nate

Comment

Did you get it for less than $1400? Congrats- Jack.

Comment

1300.00 + I traded a Import Jackson I had laying around. Out the door with the trade it was about 1100.00 with tax. They also had this Ibanez Pristege guitar that was just smoking for about 700.00 had that hard tail bridge, all wood grain with a outlined skunk stripe on the back of the neck. I will say one thing about Ibanez. They have really been turning out some nice guitars.

http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar...del=RGA121&z=y

But, I made a promise to myself not to buy another guilt-ar unless I see a HSS USA DK1 or a Charvel strat.

Also, I did play a Charvel Standard while I was there. It had a unfinished neck. Nice guitar but, not my cup of tea. For some reason, the neck felt sticky.

-Nate

Comment

You paid that much for a late '90s SL2? You probably could have gotten a new SL2H for around that or not much more. Post pics when you get it.

Comment

Working...
                              X