What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do?

Mr. Kotzen has finally been contacted. Says I can send the CS KV 7 string back and have the logo moved back to the 'normal' location. (Don't know how long this will take...) Is it worth doing, or should I Keep it as is?

Also, I found out a little tidbit about the truss-rod cover that's on there... There is a finish flaw right after the nut. It looks like they threw this 'big' one on there rather than fixing it...

More pix here: http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a250/Srcharlz/
    Last edited by Charlz; 05-17-2006, 06:29 PM.
    Hardware: all black, all the time.

Jackson really screwed up this time...that's a really unsual truss rod cover they put on there
    I didn't notice the logo placment issue untill you mentioned it
    I think that i would not have the patience to wait a long time untill Jackson will fix it, if its not a big deal for you not having this guitar in the next few months then I'd say send it back, but personally I would not give a shit about logo shmogo stuff, if it plays great and sounds great and you've already switched that ugly truss rod cover, so its fine the way it is

Comment

hey man, is that a natural quilt with a black burst edge? fucking awesome color

Comment

Send it back, it looks weird. Get a timetable.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
          +1 - they should get on this one quickly as it's something that should have been noticed before it left the shop the first time.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyCakes
            hey man, is that a natural quilt with a black burst edge? fucking awesome color
            Yup...

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
              Timetable : 3 weeks (they say...) Does it still look weird with the new truss-rod cover?

More pics here:

Comment

It looks a little better with the new truss rod cover, but still a little weird, especially how the Custom Shop is crammed in the corner around the Made In USA. It's just too cramped in that area.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

When they say 3weeks, it is usually 3months.
                  I'd say, go for it since this isnt the only guitar you own and the logo is placed strange and the truss rod is out of question.
                  I don't even know if they really got the color right. Trans Black, was it?
                  Jackson did screw up on this with few details.

Comment

I just think that it should be the way you wanted. If you don't like it, send it back man. I would...

\m/
                    '86 Jackson Custom Soloist
                    '02 Ibanez S1220 Prestige
                    '03 Ibanez RG2820 CTVV Prestige Ltd Edition
                    '02 ESP LTD MC-600 Max Cavalera Signature

Comment

Working...
                    X