I sure would like to show you my PC1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sure would like to show you my PC1

But unforunately, it has now been at Jackson entering its fourth month.

Why? Because it simply had a bad truss rod...I purchased it second hand, it was untouched, and it had a bad truss rod. No big deal. Shit happens. Although apparently its an issue, as I know 3 others on here with the same problem...

But, how long does it take to fix? I have said this before and I'll say it again. Is it really a big deal to ME that this is gonna wind up taking a half year to get it back? No, not really, when I have dozens of other choices. But to that guy that saves up to buy his first US jackson? Hell yeah its a big deal.

Its clearly not a priority, and thats wrong. This is like buying a car, finding out it doesnt have wheels, taking it back to the dealer, and then having them place your car at the back of the line while they install wheels on the ones going out the door TODAY. It is painfully obvious to me that the priority IS the one going out the door today.

I think this post is done respectfully and is completely with merit. If it gets yanked, I guess I will have found out all I need to know. I dont speak for anyone else but myself. Anyone else that piles on just to pile on is speaking solely for themselves. All rights reseved. Not valid in Canada or Botswana.

My .02

Shawn
    Last edited by Shawn; 05-18-2006, 10:57 AM.
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Sorry to hear that Shawn. This is disappointing to hear.

Too bad this isn't covered under warranty.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Well, that is true Tim-Bob. being that I am not truly the original owner, it is not covered under warranty. Of course, I never asked for free warranty work. I simply want it fixed and have offered to pay. Just looking to get it back prior to receiving it's vintage designation.

Shawn
      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Sorry to hear that it is taking so long. I remember when you bought it. That's a great guitar and I'm sure you would like to be playing it. I suppose it could be worse........You could have sent it to GMW and they would have veneered your fretboard.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr
          You could have sent it to GMW and they would have veneered your fretboard.
          Was that really necessary or relevant to the topic ??

Comment

Bummed to hear this is still dragging on, Shawn. Customer service is customer service.

Comment

Quit your bitching. I've heard prices for petrified wood were skyrocketing!
              "POOP"

Comment

Before all the GMW/Charvel ass kissers and bashers start the usual BS, please post elsewhere. This doesnt have to do with either Charvel or GMW, this is purely about me and my situation. I like Charvel/Jackson and GMW guitars and hold equal contempt for all three....

Shawn
                Last edited by Shawn; 05-18-2006, 12:39 PM.
                Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

damn sorry to hear that
                  good luck
                  If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn
                    Before all the GMW/Charvel ass kissers and bashers start the usual BS, please post elsewhere. This doesnt have to do with either Charvel or GMW, this is purely about me and my situation. I like Charvel/Jackson and GMW guitars and hold equal contempt for all three....

Shawn
                    Couldnt of said it better Myself.... Bing
                    Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn
                      No, not really, when I have dozens of other choices.
                      Maybe they know that?
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                        Maybe they know that?

LOL....Good point Ron.....Touche'

Shawn
                        Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

If you ever get it back, I suggest unloading that "dog," washing your hands and memory of a traumatizing ordeal. JohnnyMac has my address.
                          "POOP"

Comment

Do you even know the current state of it? Has your repair shop been able to get you any information?

I have an EVH that had a warped neck. I'll be picking it up in a few weeks at the Custom Shop Clinic. I could have had a replacement a month ago but passed it up to receive the one I am getting. It was my decision to wait. It took about four months to get it back.

It would be interesting to know the state of the repair. There does seem to be a lag in getting things turned around.
                            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I'm with you brother! If a company sells a defective product, they should own up and repair or replace ASAP! That's just good business and courtesy to the people that keep you in business. Unfortunately, many companies simply don't give a fuck. Since I own 7-8 Charvel/Jacksons I feel I have the right to make that statement. I just bought one really nice PRS. Don't make me buy more C/J. I would be piiiiissed!
                              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Working...
                              X