Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part Number 285-2317-000 is in the pipe 5 by 5!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part Number 285-2317-000 is in the pipe 5 by 5!

finally after 5 months just waiting for a QUOTE! MY CS has finally been ordered and given its works number

I can now finally stop harrassing the poor guy at Cranes in Cardiff like bart simpson "wheres my Jackson.... wheres my jackson....wheres my Jackson.....wheres my Jackson"

for those interested:

7 string King V
    Mahogany body with 3/4" flame maple top with Chlorine finish
    3-piece maple neck, oiled
    reversed headstock with sperzel tuners
    polished ebony fretboard
    white binding neck and headstock
    24 fret jumbo wire with Guyver1 at 12th fret, custom inlays to my own design everywhere else (pics to follow)
    Tune-o-matic string thru body
    Satin chrome hardware
    DiMarzio Evolution7 bridge, Blaze7 neck - white, direct mounted into body
    5 way multipole blade
    1 volume no tone.
    Abalone logo on headstock
    headstock finish same as body
    Guyver1 on truss rod cover

I expect my fingernails to have dissapeared in a few months
    My music:
    www.leonlive.co.uk

Congrats. For a moment when you read five months for a quote I thought you were dealing with Kevin Easton.

The specs sure do look impressive. Now the wait begins...
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

the wait indeed does begin!

no what happened was i went to another shop in cardiff originally who failed to tell me they were actually going under, so there was me phoning asking about my quote and i kept getting told that 'yeah we're on it, i'll send another email' blah blah, also fender were having trouble finding a stable rep to deal with the CS, i think for the area i live in they went through 2 reps before they found their current one, all this while i was trying to get my quote (bloody typical!)

so a shop going under combined with reps who were only in the job a few weeks/months didnt help my situation.

I changed shop, fender got a decent rep and i finally got my quote. so its all gravy now.
      My music:
      www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Great... And price.???
        Jackson & Charvel abuser ...

Comment

Originally posted by zebutcher
          Great... And price.???
          dont ask!!

I'll probably end up with 50 forum members telling me how i could have got it for half that if i'd done x, y , z , slept with a, b ,c etc lol

alot basically, and the UK 17.5% import didnt help either
          My music:
          www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Provide every spec you can, neck dimensions, backshape, logo placement, etc... Otherwise they'll improvise where necessary.

No, filling the quote form is NOT enough for them. They need details... as much as you can give them. No documentation is overboard or excessive, and make sure to leave them as little to guess on.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver1
              dont ask!!

I'll probably end up with 50 forum members telling me how i could have got it for half that if i'd done x, y , z , slept with a, b ,c etc lol

alot basically, and the UK 17.5% import didnt help either
              Hey man, in france, its 19,6% for import!
              Jackson & Charvel abuser ...

Comment

Heres the PDF documents I sent along with the quote form to show exactly what i wanted:

While i was converting the PDF's to jpg's i opened the jackson return quote form only to find a GLARING error on their part.

when you fill in the online quote form the only option you have about the headstock finish the dropdown option 'Headstock Colour' which gives you 3 options: Black, Mirror or match body colour. I chose match body colour meaning flame maple with chlorine finish.

Just reading the return quote form from Jackson and they showing the following:

Head Paint - Black

Im taking that as meaning the headstock will be black which is NOT what i ordered.

So now i've just had to email the guy at cranes so he can pass this onto the fender rep who can now get in touch with the CS to sort that out.....

why do these things NEVER go smoothly
                My music:
                www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

I like how you downsized the 7 string headstock, it should be very nice
                  nice inlays too! should turn out very nice...good luck!

Comment

Mike Kotzen has stated that the headstock may be slightly different due to string spacing requirements, I hope slightly does mean 'slightly' , fingers crossed.
                    My music:
                    www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Maybe the 7 string headstock has to be fatter to allow for all the extra tenson of another string? Maybe if it was the thinner one like you pictured, it would crack from the tension? Not trying to dis your specs, but it does look mighty thin at the end of your headstock design.
                      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

yeah i just didnt want it looking like the COW model, like Elvis in his last days, fat and oversized.

mind you the COW sig is all mahogany so that might explain the extra size on the headstock, but mines gonna be maple which is far stronger than mahogany which hopefully will allow a leaner more 'classic' sized rake.

thats the logic behind it anyway
                        My music:
                        www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

FYI...This custom 7 string KV took 14 months... Hope you are not in a hurry...

Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

well i'd love it to be done in 6 months!! lol

but no, im more than willing to wait, i just hope i dont get the issues you had with the logo/truss rod cover, that sux dude :/
                            My music:
                            www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

one thing i REALLY dont understand with the CS, the amount of money i'm paying for this guitar i REALLY REALLY do not understand how a company can simply 'decide' for me when some minute detail hasnt been specified on the quote form. I mean for this amount of money I would REALLY expect them to get in touch with me and damn well ask me what I want, not just do some 'standard' thing i might not even like/want. thats my only tiny 'concern', is that i'll get my dream guitar and it'll have somethings 'out of place' because they decided to do something without consulting me.

I find that 'weird' to say the least.
                              My music:
                              www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X