Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part Number 285-2317-000 is in the pipe 5 by 5!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guyver1
    one thing i REALLY dont understand with the CS, the amount of money i'm paying for this guitar i REALLY REALLY do not understand how a company can simply 'decide' for me when some minute detail hasnt been specified on the quote form.
    that's why it's important to make sure you include every detail that you want. on the other hand, i totally understand why they wouldn't stop production over a minute detail until you provide the info. granted, it depends on the minute detail.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

one other thought is that the COW head may not look so fat if the logo was full size. hmmmmmmmmmmmm....
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully
        on the other hand, i totally understand why they wouldn't stop production over a minute detail until you provide the info. granted, it depends on the minute detail.
        good call. I can imagine the shop boss.... "why's production stopped on that guitar?"
        "the order didnt specify if the volume knob was to be in the standard Jackson position, so we're trying to call the guy in Wales."

If you were to order what was basically an SL2H without inlays, and that was the only specification you provided, you couldn't really bitch that they'd put the volume knob too close to the bridge pickup and you hate it there.

Give them all the specs you can and get exactly the guitar you dreamed about/ordered.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

yep. and also, while it's a custom order, it's still a jackson and you have to trust them a little to make the guitar.
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully
            one other thought is that the COW head may not look so fat if the logo was full size. hmmmmmmmmmmmm....
            I agree with this.

If there's going to be a custom shop logo too on that headstock, then the Jackson logo is going to be something small I guess
            Check my bands!
            www.myspace.com/magicktr
            www.myspace.com/sinif64
            www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Good points there Sully and VitaminG, but what i would say is that we're all human and just sometimes no matter how thorough you think you've been chances are there'll always be some details you might just totally miss or even forget to consider.

for instance i didnt even consider logo placement as an issue because when i ordered it i wasnt a member of these boards and didnt see other peoples logo issues (charlz for example) so it was something that didnt even enter my mind, as far i was aware the logo was always 'big' and always centered.

Things like that, If your not a member here, you wouldnt even consider stating on the quote form as you naturally assume its going to be where you've seen it on every other Jackson you've seen in your local shops.
              My music:
              www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by zebutcher
                Hey man, in france, its 19,6% for import!
                Whiners! It's 25% in Denmark!!

...oh wait, add 2% to that! It's a special add-on import tax on "musical instruments.

TOTAL 27%

Which of course are also added to the shipping costs!

Last edited by jackson1; 05-20-2006, 04:04 AM.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Guyver1, have you thought about the low E string might "overshoot" the headstock? If your drawing is precise you're safe i guess.

I like your control layout - i did the same on a Fernandes Rhoads once
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

yeah m8 i think thats why Mike Kotzen said it might be 'slightly' different, my main 'beef' with the COW headstock was that its far too 'fat' around the low B tuning peg, i wanted to avoid that as much as possible.

My dealer has emailed the fender rep now about the headstock finish so hopefully that will be passed onto the CS in a few days, i DO NOT want a black headstock
                    My music:
                    www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
                      I like your control layout - i did the same on a Fernandes Rhoads once
                      yeah my playing style means i have to 'mod' every guitar i buy, if the volume pot is forward of the bridge i end up smacking hte shit out of it with my hand when im playing, totally pisses me off.

My COW Sig , i removed the volume pot totally and wired the pickup direct to the input jack for that very reason.
                      My music:
                      www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

Congtats! It looks like you provided them with gret info of what you are expecting too

Comment

not necessarily. they put full size logos on guitars with C/S logos on them as well. but it seems that rev heads get smaller logos.
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

If I may say so and possibly help, make sure your quote says 100% logo on it... if that is what you want, and send a pic of a 100% reverse logo... (I have several if you need a pic)....
                            (I ran into a logo issue with several of my guitars because they were 80% not 100%.... and I can't stand smaller logos... makes the headstock look totally oversized)....

Again, if you want a pics of a reverse logo at 100%, let me know and I can send you pics....

...and a great set of pics for the CS... sounds like a great project...

Way Cool Fish

Comment

no the return quote form says 100% so hopefully i'll have no logo issues, hopefully.

(newt: they mostly come at night......mostly)
                              My music:
                              www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

How do you polish Ebony, and how differrent does it looks from unpolished Ebony?
                                I love admins!

Comment

Working...
                                X