First shots of #2155

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First shots of #2155

The photo gallery today has some shots of the guitar, it appears to be done with the woodworking and ready to go to paint. The fingerboard looks INCREDIBLE. The top looks amazing and the carve on the archtop is great. I'm very excited!

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/custom...ges/599_md.jpg

probably this guitar will be excellent

Comment

looks like a VERY nice axe that will look even nicer when finished!

Comment

very cool! wich wood is that? looks like the standard maple thru alder wings with maple top
        also, what color it is going to be painted?

Comment

Its all koa, both neck and body (and its bolt on with scallop heel and horn). The top is 3/4 quilt maple archtop with a matching headcap. Fingerboard is ziricote (and really a great piece they picked, you can tell it has a shitload of swirl figure) with zig zag abalone sharkies.

The color is a custom trans green-turquiose burst on the top with natural back, oiled neck and natural binding. I'll be interested to see how they do on the color match for the sample I sent them.

Comment

Looks great to me!
            Are you going to have the volume knob recessed into the body?
            if not, make sure to tell them not to.
            I know Ian's Dan Spitz XTRR had this problem even he didn't specify it but they recessed it.
            You just don't want them to change your CS Jackson order like that.

Comment

Looks awesome except someone accidentally routed a single coil pickup in the middle there. :ROTF:
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

pix when finished are a necessity, not an option. Another member had one in trans black. can't wait to see this green/turquiose finish.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Looks awesome except someone accidentally routed a single coil pickup in the middle there
                  Some of us like tonal variety! Trust me, don't know it until you've tried this pickup combo, its great.

Yea I like the look of recessed knobs so I'm figuring thats what it will be. I've heard with an archtop that is the default.

Hopefully Matt will takes some pics of the finished guitar when he gets it, because my digital camera is just not that great and will no doubt do little justice to this guitar.

Paul has a trans black (with flametop) archtop death angel, that was a NAMM show guitar though. I specced this guitar out many years ago. Some of the old forum members (onlinestagegear Matt especially) probably remember. Its not changed a whole lot aside from some tweaking of things. The ziricote fingerboard for instance was only something I decided to add right around the time I actually ordered the guitar. I think I made a great choice, it really looks badass.
                  Last edited by Chrisb; 05-20-2006, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisb
                    Some of us like tonal variety! Trust me, don't know it until you've tried this pickup combo, its great.
                    LOL, just bustin' yer balls dude. It looks great. However, if you split the coils on the neck pickup, you're gonna get pretty much the same tone from that as a centre SG.

Comment

Heh, I know.

But I don't have the neck split, I do have the bridge and neck wired custom to inner coil (dual sound) and outer coils (phase). Ironically that was the most difficult part about the whole guitar. Jackson had to call Ibanez and figure out how to wire the DPDT switch. But yea the single coil in the middle would be about the same output as a neck split. Although I've got a Full shred in the neck and a cool rail in the middle. Would a split full shred really sound like a cool rail? I've never actually tried this out to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisb
                        Heh, I know.

But I don't have the neck split, I do have the bridge and neck wired custom to inner coil (dual sound) and outer coils (phase). Ironically that was the most difficult part about the whole guitar. Jackson had to call Ibanez and figure out how to wire the DPDT switch. But yea the single coil in the middle would be about the same output as a neck split. Although I've got a Full shred in the neck and a cool rail in the middle. Would a split full shred really sound like a cool rail? I've never actually tried this out to see.
                        That is funny that Jackson didn't know how to wire it. But then they probably don't get into much variation with pickup layouts. In fact, I see a lot of custom shops that are just single hum. Indeed, when I get around to ordering something, it will be single hum, with a volume control and killswitch, and nothing else. I guess I don't like much tonal variation do I? Seriously though, I do have other guitars for that. My Aria Pro II CS400 is pretty versatile with coil splitting, phase switches, etc...

Comment

My future charvel is gonna be pretty much like that. Single hum with a single mini switch for coil splitting and a volume knob. But who knows if I will ever be able to order it.

If I had a bc rich with active electronics I probably would have just got a HH config with a 5 way blade, but I definitely wanted one guitar with all that versatility.

Comment

gotta love a death angel
                            MOSH ON
                            DAVE
                            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
                            X