SL2HT Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL2HT Problems

Hey all, I've got a problem with this guitar and I was wondering if any of you have experienced this. I got my new guitar from Vwall about 2 months ago. It played well and I was happy with her even though the action was not quite to my liking. I noticed that the last few frets where it meets the body were high so I figured I would just have to have a fret leveling done to get the action lower. The guitar always felt a little strange though so I brought it to an authorized Fender repair shop this morning to have my old friend and guitar tech look at her. He sighted the neck and saw the hump at the body end of the neck but he said the neck was twisted! He told me it would buzz on the bass side and be high on the treble side which it is. The truss rod was completely loosened but no relief. You can imagine I am pretty upset, I moved 2 guitars to buy this one. I have been playing professionaly for 20 years and I can't be without my #1! I want it replaced ASAP, how is Jackson with warranty issues?
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Call or email Scott, he'll take care of you.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
      Call or email Scott, he'll take care of you.
      +1

Comment

Thanks, I sent him an email, hope he can help me get it replaced.
        Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Hey Chris, I will do whatever Ican do for you on this. Its definatley a Jackson warrnaty issue but They are a reputable company and will warrany this issue I believe. The warranyt is limited lifetime on craftmanship.

Lets work this out and get you taken care of ASAP!

Scott

Comment

Hittin' the sauce early, huh, Scott?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

LOL!
              Dang, I just checked my spelling....

Comment

Update, Vwall said I was on my own so I brought it to a local Fender dealer. It sits there until he gets the ok to ship it back to Jackson. I wish I noticed the twisted neck on delivery but I didn't til 2 months later. I moved some nice guitars to get this and now I'm out those guitars plus this one. I don't think I should have been stuck with this headache, afterall I bought a 'new' guitar. Vwall says it was fine when it was shipped so it must have twisted in transit. I still don't know why I wasn't given a refund but live and learn.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x
                  I still don't know why I wasn't given a refund but live and learn.
                  Originally posted by jcm800x
                  I got my new guitar from Vwall about 2 months ago.
                  Doesn't this answer your own question?

Kind of unfair to portray this as VWall saying you're "on your own". I'm sorry for your troubles but, at this point, it's pretty clearly a warranty issue. Best of luck.

Comment

It clearly arrived twisted, I didn't notice. How am I not on my own?
                    Last edited by jcm800x; 05-30-2006, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Are you sure it didn't develop a warp after you recieved it? With the wacky weather changes we have had this Spring, it is possible the neck wood could have twisted over a period of time. It could have been a gradual thing and most likely due to climatic changes. Scott has taken care of my personal warranty issues and did a fine job policing the Jackson warranty department to get my guitar back in a timely matter. The warranty turn around time is unpredicatable at times and the dealer really has no recourse in expediting a warranty issue, except keep calling their reps. to help hurry things along.
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Honestly I think Jacksons Built quality isn't all that great.I bought mine and had the volume pot go bad in 1 week, now I have this way anoying buzz on the G string when playing open D cords or open C cords. I don't get it.

I feel yeah man.

Dan

Comment

Yeah, I'm not too upset with vwall. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt but it must have arrived twisted. With a higher end new guitar I would expect a refund and he could send it to jackson for a credit. I know I got it this way because the setup has been difficult since I got it. Whatever, it's just money. I am not impressed though, I work in sales and I do business differently. With an online store you can ship out anything and be done with it, not a bad deal. I'm not saying vwall knowingly sent it this way but the nut was cut for a twisted neck, the high e was just a scratch on the nut, like it was resting on it, and it was farther out to the edge of the neck. It was not spaced like the other 5. Lots of toothpicks too when I changed the pup and one of the screws on the backplate went nowhere. I say this because vwall said they did the setup, I guess he didn't notice. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. Good thing my DK2M and model 2 are strait, I guess I should stick to imports. I have not had very good luck with the american made jacksons. My CS Stealth is killer but its a bolt-on, my bad luck has been with the neck throughs.

Comment

Originally posted by mantis
                            Honestly I think Jacksons Built quality isn't all that great.
                            I feel yeah man.
                            Dan
                            I'm beginning to feel the same way. I'm in the market for a new guitar and Jackson was at the top of the list. Now I'm leaning Carvin or GMW.

Comment

Originally posted by mantis
                              Honestly I think Jacksons Built quality isn't all that great.I bought mine and had the volume pot go bad in 1 week, now I have this way anoying buzz on the G string when playing open D cords or open C cords. I don't get it.
                              That's the first time you've mentioned any problems with your Jackson. Any other post you've made about your SL3 have been glowing - better than that SL2H you tried against it, and cheaper too.

Having a volume pot go bad on your SL3 sucks, but that says nothing about Jackson's build quality, more about that of their pot supplier.

Your problem with a buzz on open C & D chords could be a setup problem, fixed with an easy tweak, or a sympathetic vibration from the springs or some other hardware on your guitar that can be tracked down and fixed.

So apart from the opinions of others, upon what are you basing your assessment that Jackson's built (sic) quality isn't all that great? Every Jackson from Pro series up that I've played has ranged from very good to excellent. I played a 2006 KE3 the other day that was a very solid instrument. I was duly impressed, comparing it to the last new KE3 I played some 4 years ago.

The problem jcm800x is having with his guitar seriously sucks. Maybe it shouldn't have got through QC, or maybe it was fine out the door & the problem did occur in transit. What will make or break Jackson in jcm800x's eyes (and anyone watching on here) is how Jackson respond to this warranty issue.

MEX3, have a little look around the Guitars By Other Manufacturers section before you decide if you want to deal with GMW's warranty practices. It pays to look beyond all the pretty pictures. Lee has done right by a hell of a lot of people, many of them members here. But when things go wrong, boy do they go wrong.
                              Last edited by VitaminG; 05-30-2006, 05:48 PM.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X