Custom Shop Soloist 7 strings??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop Soloist 7 strings??

Any of you guys have em? Id love to see some pics and such. Its too bad they dont have a USA model, but i understand the demand isnt high enough for the extra cost to jackson. Im concidering putting the money down on one soon but i need some more info and feedback. The estimates ive gotten with the online quote form are pretty steep, and im wondering if they accurately reflect CS pricing. Im not looking for anything too fancy, although im concidering getting the board scalloped from say the 12th up. Any info would be greatly appreciated and i guess the next step is talking to a dealer...too bad im not in boston anymore cause i would just trek out to Matt's Music. Thanks
    www.soundclick.com/matthewpigott

Charlz has one, I think I've seen a couple others on here too

Comment

Eaeolian has a trans-black string thru - gorgeous guitar!

Comment

Hard to accurrately demonstrate the color, but I shall try...

More pics here

Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Droooooooooooool......im just curious as to how much that thing set you back (feel free to not answer if i am prying) or if its against the rules to post maybe shoot me a PM cause im just trying to get an idea of how much i have to set aside, and im getting conflicting info. That thing is beautiful! How do the 707s sound?? Thanks for the pics man!

Comment

There are a couple Custom Shop 7-Strings at Drum City Guitar Land.

http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mpigott
              Droooooooooooool......im just curious as to how much that thing set you back (feel free to not answer if i am prying) or if its against the rules to post maybe shoot me a PM cause im just trying to get an idea of how much i have to set aside, and im getting conflicting info. That thing is beautiful! How do the 707s sound?? Thanks for the pics man!
              707's were just 'ok'... I swapped 'em for 81-7's in the bridge of both guitars... Much better!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm
                There are a couple Custom Shop 7-Strings at Drum City Guitar Land.

http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/in...=14&BrandID=20
                Thanks man.......

81'7s eh....i didnt even know they made them ill have to look into it. What would you say the major difference in sound was?

Comment

Depends on what sound you are going for, I guess... The 81-7's are more... 'overdriven', heavier sounding... (I'm in a heavy metal band...) The 707's were good, but a little 'weaker'. You can hear the KV-7 with the 81-7's here or here They also make 85-7's now...

By the way, expect to wait at least a year...

Comment

I assumed haha....too bad it takes so long, but im willing to wait. I just wish Jackson made a USA 7. Thanks for the clips!

Comment

Kragen from Prototype has one too. With Crop Circle inlays. Very cool.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

I love your Soloist Charlz. Fantastic guitar! Thanks for the heads up on the 85-7 too. Now I hope they come out with a 60-7 and my world will be set.

After nearly four years,I'm no longer a Junior Member with this post. WOOHOO!
                        Last edited by EvilBatman; 05-26-2006, 02:52 AM.

Comment

where have you read anything about the 85-7 ? i cannot find any online /

Comment

... I heard it from my dealer friend at... (gulp)... Guitar Center... DON"T YELL AT ME!!! I know Guitar Center SUX, but I have a buddy that works there... He found the 81-7 for me...

Comment

Originally posted by aldog1330
                              Eaeolian has a trans-black string thru - gorgeous guitar!
                              You mean this one?

Comment

Working...
                              X