Replacing Soapbars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Soapbars...

I'm looking at a Slatq-90 soloist, but I can't get past those fugly Soapbar pickups. Anyone know how big the pickup cavity is for those and what I'd have to do to replace them with a standard humbucker like a Duncan JB?

Would a standard size humbucker fit in there with a mounting ring?

Standard humbuckers don't fit P90 cavities
    I believe P90 can be seamlessly replaced with mini-humbuckers.
    Because I don't say it
    Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

yes, mini humbuckers will fit. dimarzio and EMG also make humbucking replacements for P90s.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Please don't fuck up a SLATQ-90 by doing something stupid like routing it for regular 'buckers. There aren't many of them out there to begin with and some of us would actually like to have one with the "fugly Soapbar pickups" without dropping $3k+ at the custom shop.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

i agree. they have a great, unique sound that is VERY thick. if you don't like the looks of the pickups, don't buy it. certainly don't route it out. the suggestions i made will suit you sonically, but not asthetically.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne
            Please don't fuck up a SLATQ-90 by doing something stupid like routing it for regular 'buckers. There aren't many of them out there to begin with and some of us would actually like to have one with the "fugly Soapbar pickups" without dropping $3k+ at the custom shop.
            +1. Leave that guitar alone!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

No worries, I picked up a Sl2h-mah instead (see my other post). Probably not quite as nice to look at, but had more of the setup I wanted.

Comment

So does that mean you're looking to unload the SLATQ?

-a

Comment

Nah, never had it. I was considering it, but a nice sl2h-mah became available.

Comment

Working...
                  X