Stupid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question

If you had a shot at a late San Dimas Jackson strat or a fairly early Ontario soloist for the same price, which would you do?
    Assume them being in roughly the same shape (8.5 to 9 out of 10), and same layout (2 HB). The only reason I am asking (besides the fact that I may have a shot at both) is that I got away from finished necks a while ago, but miss my old 2HB soloist...

Early Ontario Soloist. Without a second thought.

The early Ontario stuff seems more consistently nicer than late San Dimas era stuff. Just my opinion, of course...
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayniac
      ... but miss my old 2HB soloist...
      You gave the answer yourself! Personally, I'd always go with a soloist over a strat. It's the body shape.
      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin
        You gave the answer yourself! Personally, I'd always go with a soloist over a strat. It's the body shape.
        Never owned a Dimas pointy, so I was wondering if the Mojo factor was going to wow me that much...
        I DID have an Ontario soloist that I loved...

Comment

The question is not what would "we" do, its what would you do.. we are not the ones that are going to buy that guitar right? you are the one that will play that guitar, your choice.. just play them and take the one that feels good for you.

Comment

Different people, have different taste

Comment

Originally posted by Erez
              The question is not what would "we" do, its what would you do.. we are not the ones that are going to buy that guitar right? you are the one that will play that guitar, your choice.. just play them and take the one that feels good for you.
              Just throwing in my 2 cents. I thought one of the reasons "we" post is to get other people's opinions.

Comment

Ofcurse we post to get other people's opinions.. but dont forget, that in this particular issue, its a matter of one's taste, and not what is better.. because both guitars mentioned above are about as equally good.
                Thats why I can prefer to take the charvel, while you prefer the jackson and so on.. so its really his choice, it depends on his taste and nothing more

Comment

Sure, but he has to post pictures when he has decided too.

Comment

San Dimas strat Wayne....but you already knew I'd say that bro!!

(5....4....3....2....1....compete lol!!)

Comment

Play with the 2 guitars if its possible.... I'm sure your choice will be more easier.

I bought a lot of guitars by the net, and often i sold it after few days coz the neck shape or body shape, or other things was not like i thought.

Now for me the playability is my best choice.

So play.
                      Jackson & Charvel abuser ...

Comment

I'd go for the Strat myself, but that's strictly because I don't like shiny painted necks.
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I can't believe no one else has written this yet ...

... but if you got a shot a both ... BUY BOTH! Bills and mortgage payments are for losers, guitars come first!

Moo ha ha ha ha ha

Ahem. Anyway, gun to the head gotta choose one can't have both or else really really really bad things happen, I'd go for the San Dimas-era strat. I heart unpainted bolt-ons.

I imagine (but don't know for sure) that the Dimas plate alone would bump the resale value up above the Ontario Soloist, should you ever decide to sell down the road.

--jr
                          「久しぶりに絶望してえよ。マジで。」

Comment

Get the Soloist !

Comment

Strat compared to Soloist? It doesn't matter the era they were made. This is comparing apples to oranges. You need to decide which configuration you prefer tonally and feel wise.

Comment

Working...
                              X