• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Custom Shop Mike Learn tribal flames

Hello,

Guys i would like to hear your opinions on this custom shop guitar,
    Alder wood same specs as a US select sl2ht, with Mike Learn Tribal Flames
    I take it that it is the same alder wood used in US Select or are there different types of alder wood?, and would the built quality be better or the same as US select, finally would this be worth paying the extra dollars for this one ?
    Thanks for your help
    Last edited by keller; 06-21-2006, 09:57 AM.

My understanding is that most of these are totally std USA Select Series guitars, which are pulled off the line to recieve a Mike Learn paintjob. As for if it's worth "paying the extra dollars for" - that depends how much you like the paint!

Personally, I wish they gave Mike more custom spec'd guitars, so the buyer would get a totally custom guitar, rather than a production guitar with expensive paint.....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

when i first seen that paintjob on the custom kelly run , i loved it but i always wanted it in stringthru body soloist!! now its here

Comment

thx for the info , so then there is no real difference just an added paint job?
        yeah i like string thru bodies too i'm feel more comfortable with them

Comment

Basically USA CS and USA Select are made by the same people with the same tools. USA Select may be considered as "bigger batch CS".

The only exception are "master built" CS guitars that are personal projects by Mike Shannon and some other senior masters. Like unique NAMM guitars or very special custom orders when the extra grade of wood and job is quoted.
          Because I don't say it
          Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

They've got some extremely talented people over there...Pablo rules!
            Hear the universe scream
            Bleeding from black holes
            Whom horns careless
            And whom God mourns

Comment

Beautiful paint.I had inquired about the Celtic Tribal Cross which I believe was around $4500.(It was quickly snagged) If anyone has any links to available models with a tribal pattern please post.
              I'll keep searching...
              Ron.

Comment

Cool I think I will go for it , that paint grows on me everyday
                thx all!!

Comment

I like the Learn Tribal graphic better on the soloist body as pictured above, than on the limited Kellys with the same graphic. Both are nice but it better suits the soloist body shape IMO.
                  www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                  My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

SOB that is cool. Learn does great stuff for jacksons. Really fits!
                    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by Carbophos
                      Basically USA CS and USA Select are made by the same people with the same tools. USA Select may be considered as "bigger batch CS".

The only exception are "master built" CS guitars that are personal projects by Mike Shannon and some other senior masters. Like unique NAMM guitars or very special custom orders when the extra grade of wood and job is quoted.
                      +1 - USA Select = Custom Shop. They are the same quality, just production models. Heard it from them personally at the clinic.

Senior Master builder is Mike Shannon
                      Master is Pablo (one of them at least)
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

wild!!!!

Comment

Jackson Custom Shop Mike Learn tribal flames

well in the time it took me to make up me mind somebody already snagged it up , i'm not to happy now

Comment

SNOOZE, LOSE

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                            X