Rowan's Soloist scalloped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rowan's Soloist scalloped?

Did Rowan Robertson's Soloist Custom have scalloped upper frets? Anyone know for shure?

http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...ges/Page51.htm
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

That guitar he is holding is a bolt on neck so its not a soloist.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have no idae about scalloping, but I read an interview with him somewhere and he said Jackson were making him a guitar with no radius to the fret board at all.....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Wasnt it an orange one....???

Comment

Rowans Jackson strat w/the Spiderman on a womens ass graphic is completely scalloped,afaik this white strat is partially scalloped!!

Comment

D'oh, i see the bolt on now in the picture. Not a Soloist, a Dinky Custom.

When i saw the pic it seemed like a 12-24 scallop to me too. The features of Rowans guitar in the pic seems very like the Doug Aldrich Grover Jackson: reverse head, hum-single, bolt on, 12-24 scallop and it was also introduced around 1991.

Thanks for the info. I'm really diggin' the Doug Aldrich 'config' and i just can't stop thinking about how i'm going to get one or build one. I guess i'll never get 10 JCF'ers onto the idea of doing a DA limited run hmmm... GAS....
            Henrik

Comment

One of the members here is selling one (Aldrich) with a USA neck on it...

Comment

Are you referring to Joe's DA body/Dinky USA neck that was sold on eBay just 1 or 2 weeks ago? I know about that one.
                Henrik

Comment

That's the one, but it didn't "sell" since the zero feedback "winner" didn't pay! PM me for the link, or search the bay, it's a killer guitar and all the more better with that USA Dinky neck...
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Thanks for letting me know, i didn't know it didn't sell.

But no thanks; the missing 12-24 shallow scalloped rev. head neck is important to me and the body has been drilled for a hum pickup ring, i'm sorry to see.
                    Henrik

Comment

I have that pickup style (hum-slant single) in a pair of Charvel Deluxe Fusions. I like it a lot. I think the Predator and 3DR's used it as well. I'd just have to find a reverse headstock 24 fret neck to make a similar axe.

Comment

Here's a short story about Rowan's scalloped guitar.

http://www.jcguitars.com/stardio.htm

Comment

Thanks a lot for the heads up, blyndcyde! I came across that a couple of years ago but had totally forgotten it.
                          Welcome dude!
                          Henrik

Comment

Harry Cody (shotgun messiah)had a model 88 mahogony body with a no radius maple neck that Grover made for him.It was on ebay some time ago.Does anyone here know where it ened up?
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I think Rowan's was scalloped

Stray Cat, Jackson Harry Cody is now mine.. it's scalloped. Neck designed by Grover for Harry Cody, Rowan & Doug Aldrich.

Here are the pics: http://7-string.com/7.pl?direct=~_Ar...son_Harry_Cody
                              Mayzan
                              Webmaster Of www.MartyFriedman.com & www.7-string.com
                              My website: www.mayzan.com

Comment

Working...
                              X