No announcement yet.

Rowan's Soloist scalloped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi mayzan glad to see you here I was in the hunt on that Harry Cody guitar.
    HKC is one of my favs as far as guitar players go.He is a really impressive player live I saw SM many times.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

awesome guitar, mayzan

Comment

Originally posted by blyndcyde View Post
        Here's a short story about Rowan's scalloped guitar.

http://www.jcguitars.com/stardio.htm
        Cool info, thanks. I don't remember the spider man guitar but I remember a fully scalloped Jackson, that was yellow (maybe ?). Does anyone remember anything about this one? I'll have to dig through my old mags when I get home and look again.
        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Stray Cat, I am a big Harry Cody fan too, thats why I bidded it as high as I can Luckily I won the auction

This is his main guitar on Shotgun Messiah - Second Coming album & Stu Hamm - The Urge album

Btw.. do you like his playing on stu Hamm album? He's amazing!!

Talking about Harry Cody... the reason why I bought a Red Rhoads because I watched his "Dont Care About Nothing" videoclip!!

Jwoods986, maybe you meant the Jackson that Rowan used on Dio's Wild One videoclip? Or maybe the one that he used on his Starlick Master Series VHS Video? I still keep those videos... Rowan is also one of my fav rock guitar player

Thanks again, DC_rhoads82
          Last edited by mayzan; 08-06-2007, 10:03 AM.
          Mayzan
          Webmaster Of www.MartyFriedman.com & www.7-string.com
          My website: www.mayzan.com

Comment

Second Coming is a great CD
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The Cody looks like it was the Charvel 88 body with a different neck?

Comment

If you notice Rowan's Jackson on Wild One (Dio) videoclip... he used same neck & body like Cody's
                Mayzan

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                  Second Coming is a great CD
                  +1. I love that album...

I'm gassing more for the Ibanez Jem VDY with the custom pickguard on the back of the first album...
                  I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Looks like VDY is harder to find now... I saw one VDY for sale at Edroman site but just too expensive.

In Ibanez Untold Story book, it said that Cody's VDY is a bit smaller than the standard VDY.... the pickguard was custom made too. Does anyone here know where it ended up?
                    Mayzan

Comment

Yep, both VDY's and VSK's are very hard to find. I seem to remember they were not widely available in the US, more of an overseas type of thing. But made in very small numbers. You see them pop up once and a while. But they command a big price, due to the rarity...
                      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I forgot to mention that my Jackson Harry guitar comes with an active Jackson pickup & things like J2000 electronics.. it has 3 band EQ in the cavity. I am not sure if Rowan's guitar use it too.. any info here?
                        Mayzan

Comment

Pretty cool with the Charvel Model 88 relation, Cody's being the "first".
                          Henrik
                          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I was looking at that one last night. Don't know how I'd like the almost-flat fretboard. Bit rich for my tastes too - I'm shopping more in the $300 guitar market.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

If a ´91 Ltd. can cost $5000, why not $3790 for a modified Model 88? Or even a Model 3 for $1250! :ROTF:

I wonder if sites like audiozone.dk has helped jack the prices on these?

(New link to Rowan's strat: http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...n%2FPage51.jpg)
                              Last edited by jackson1; 10-08-2010, 02:50 AM.
                              Henrik
                              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I can top either of those. This was recently listed on Oz ebay

How much is Mustaine's signature worth? $2300?
                                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X