No announcement yet.

Scored an early Jackson - which model & some ???'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the control holes, I would back the Bondo with dowel plugs. Bondo is OK for filling pickup cavities, but there is still wood on the bottom. You can take a piece of dowel and cut it with an X-Acto razor saw wafer thin and glue it at the bottom of the hole, let dry and fill in the depression with Bondo leaving a slight build up for sanding.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusher
      That was a great thread and the guy did an incredible job on that Rhoads. Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it.
      So many people have answered my questions... The least I could do was point you in the right direction... =)

Good luck,

-Nate
      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

That axe will definitely be a PROJECT! ...but very very do-able.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Mark's the first guy I thought to bring that back from the dead .... Well it's not really dead, it's just MOSTLY dead !!!!

Go Mark !!!

Comment

cool score ...good luck on the restore !!!
            j ust went thru a soloist restore
            if you need anything drop me a pm
            “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Well that being a 1 hum thats pretty rare.I would not fill the holes just for that reason.I think that guitar should be refined to original it deserves it.If you don't plan to use a tone or mid boost just put in the pots to fill the holes.A quality refin will run $700.00+ I'm sure.That guitar needs a lot of TLC But IMO its worth it.A 1 hum soloist is a very special find.
              If you wish to go the total refin direction P.M.me and I'll put you in touch with one of the best in the business..
              Last edited by straycat; 06-14-2006, 11:43 PM.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nice cleanup job on that case!

I'm sure the body will look better(along with the neck when it's cleaned) will look MUCH better. Post a pic of that when you get time.

Comment

He has started a couple of threads in the tech section on this one. I know it can be kind of hard to keep up on things around here so here is the latest link if you want see pictures of it now.
                  http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56027

Comment

+1 on the score. make sure you keep us posted with some new pics as you go through the restore. i'd love to see it when you finish.

dave

Comment

cool score
                      just don't fuck with it

Comment

Too late Andy!
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                        X