Need Info on Kelly Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Info on Kelly Custom

I bought a Jackson Kelly (SN: J5883) from the Custom Shop through Musician's Friend back in 1991. Unforetunately, all paperwork except for the tag was lost during a move. I am curious as to what type of wood it's made out of. I don't even know what model my Kelly is - KE1,2,3 etc.

I filled out the custom shop order form (1991) and placed my order after I saw Marty Friedman playing it in the Holy Wars video. Mine has the Floyd licensed trembolo bridge, an EMG-81 and 22 frets. 3.5 months later, my Kelly arrived. I was in awe of the guitar. I actually had same feeling as when my daughter was born.

Is there way i can find out this information? Can someone tell me about my own Kelly by the serial number?
    [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

With a "J" serial #, it's likely a one-of-a-kind custom shop instrument. So a model number does not apply. Post pics, and we might be able to help.

Comment

Welcome newb! Cool guitar! Let's see pics! Here's a thread about how:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29708

Yes, your guitar would be called Kelly Custom. The "2 letter, single digit designation" did not start until around 1996. Your ser# indicates it is the 40th Jackson neckthru out of the Custom Shop (that was in Ontario, CA) in 1991.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Treachery
        Mine has the Floyd licensed trembolo bridge,
        trembolo, huh?

You'll get a kick out of this then!

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail36.html

(If you haven't seen it already)
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That always makes me laugh. I don't know the background on strongbad though... <HH puttin' on flame+ignorant suit>
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
          X