What do ya think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do ya think?

Ok, time has come for my very first custom guitar, and I'm damned proud to say it's a Jackson! I've owned many cool guitars from many different companies over the years and keep coming back to these, but I want one this time that I'll have a VERY hard time selling if times get tough for me again, so I'm going to get what I like. I'm still deciding on whether to go Kalher 2315 or OFR (been a floyd user, but dying to try Kahler's and nothing comes with em that I can try) and the color. Anyway, red or green? It's gonna have a matching headstock, so I didn't want white binding to make it look akward, so I went with black (although it's hard to see in these pics, and I couldn't figure out how to photoshop the snake graphic on the headstock) I also kinda wanted to make a mock up of a white body with black/grey patterns (snake too, and the reverse of that), but I couldn't figure out how to do it. It's been a couple years since I did this digital imaging thing...

Apparently I can't use any of these photo programs, they all come out small Ah well, you get it, matching snakeskin headstock, abalone diamond inlays and Jackson logo, Seymour Duncan DMLW pickups, cutaway on lower horn, and either Kahler or floyd. What do ya think?

- Irf -

I was actually gonna get 2 customs because of the wait time, pretty much the same thing with an ash body instead of mahagony (this one) and a maple fretboard instead of ebony, but I need a laptop for school, so I can only pull one right now. I'll do the maple snake, just later on.

They both look really cool!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Get one of each Floyd and Kahler.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm partial to the green. One of my favorite guitars on the planet is Tom Diamond's 1 hum green snakeskin strat w/ maple board & matching headstock. To see it is to fall in love with it. He also has an awesome green snake Soloist, but the strat is just something special.

Pic w/ both:

Last edited by dg; 06-18-2006, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dg
          I'm partial to the green. One of my favorite guitars on the planet is Tom Diamond's 1 hum green snakeskin strat w/ maple board & matching headstock. To see it is to fall in love with it. He also has an awesome green snake Soloist, but the strat is just something special.

Pic w/ both:

Well, it certaintly dosen't look bad with the creme binding, and those are both beautiful guitars! The SL is more along the lines of what I was thinking of, good to see what it might look like. But now I'm tempted to go with the red because I've seen the green Good stuff though, thanks for posting that pic

- Irf -

Comment

either get a floyd or try a kahler *before* you order.

i'd go get a used guitar with a kahler - I'm sure you can find something for around $300-400 that you can flip and get your money back - several Charvel Model series came with them as well as all sorts of guitars in the 80's like Carvin, BC Rich, etc. get it setup properly and see if you like the kahler.

look at it this way - this will only take a couple weeks to try out. a custom shop jackson is gonna take 12-18 months and cost several thousand dollars - being sure about the bridge is worth the extra time.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Good idea...To the classifieds...

Thanks fellas, keep the comments coming though, red or green, ah crap what do I do!@
              Last edited by IrfaanSE801; 06-18-2006, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Green with a Kahler Steeler! How's that for a compromse?
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Green with Floyd!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Green with Floyd + 1
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

a look at red snake as well...no i dont own it...its at guitar asylum...d.m.

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

those upturned headstocks look awesome, reminds me of Megadeth in one of their videos

Comment

Working...
                        X