Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shopping for two "high end" guitars. What about these??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping for two "high end" guitars. What about these??

Next May I will be buying my first "high end" guitars and right now I`m looking at about ten different guitars. I want one 25.5" scale guitar with or without OFR and one 24.75" guitar with a fixed bridge.

The major points I want to cover are mahogany body and neck with ebony fretboard and good high output pups(EMG, Duncan, Dimarzio). I prefer set-neck or neck-through construction.

At the top of my list right now is the Jackson USA SL2H-MAH Soloist in natural flame and the KV2t King V in "black ghost flames". These two models would cover all the bases for what I`m looking for.

I have always wanted a high end Jackson guitar, but until now couldn`t afford it. I want to be sure and get the best guitar that I can. Since I have some time I thought I would ask some questions and get some opinions from the guys with the most experience with Jacksons. So here I am.

So what do you guys think about these specific models? What are the high and low points of these models. Are they worth the $4,000 to $4,500 that I will pay for them? Where is the best place to buy Jacksons?

Any opinions are appreciated. Pics would also be appreciated. If you would like to send me your guitar to try out, that would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Eric
    All hail the true metal God....Jesus. Where do you think metal came from anyway?

....are you serious? dude, there's no way in hell you'll pay that much for a production jackson guitar. are you wanting to pick up more than one and spend 4k, or do you plan on spending that much for one?
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Uh, yeah, if you're gonna spend that much, go custom shop, and get exactly what you want.

I'll send you a guitar to try out...

NOT!!!:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

yeah 2k tops for either one of those guitarz. I think they are both on the harder side to find especially a KV2T but there are some out there on Gbase I think. Ya cant go wrong with a USA Jackson though....both great choices

Try this link Click Here----->KV2T....its not ghost flames but at least you get an idea of the cost
        Last edited by quakana; 06-26-2006, 07:53 PM.

Comment

i think he means 4-4500 for both. but you still may be able to do better than that. a shop local to me had (maybe they still do) a black ghost flame KV2T. PM me and i can give you their number if you are interested.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sully
            ....are you serious? dude, there's no way in hell you'll pay that much for a production jackson guitar. are you wanting to pick up more than one and spend 4k, or do you plan on spending that much for one?

Sorry if I didn`t word that right. No, I`ll be buying one of each. The SL2H-MAH as my 25.5" and the KV2t as my 24.75". The price was for the total of both. Also the price is just a ball park figure. I`ve only priced the guitars at one dealer so I havn`t been able to bicker and bargain yet.

Right now I`m looking around for feedback, pics, opinions, etc. I still have quite a few guitars to try out, but I`ve always had a thing for nice Jacksons. Goes back to the early 80`s when I was a teen. Seems like all my old school thrash heroes were playing nice Jacksons. I`ve owned a few import models and have played a few USA models, but don`t have a lot of hands on experience with guitars in this price range. In my area you never see nice USA models, unless they are 20 feet above the floor at the local GC.

I`ve never even seen these two models in person, but based on the other USA Jacksons I have played and the feature lists they could be exactly what I`m looking for.

Thanks,
            Eric
            All hail the true metal God....Jesus. Where do you think metal came from anyway?

Comment

You must be around Knoxville.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Ask Matt what he can do for you (the banner above the forum).

You cannot go wrong with an SL2H. I've never played a KV2T but I think it's a safe bet they're just as high quality as the rest of the USA selects.

Comment

Go to the Dealers page at the top of this thread. Matt or Vwall will be happy to work with you on your quest!

A~
                  All hail the 'King'
                  R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

How couldn't you have tried a USA Jackson during 20 years of playing?
                    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

+1^
                      äss howl

Comment

Originally posted by quakana
                        Try this link Click Here----->KV2T....its not ghost flames but at least you get an idea of the cost
                        I think someone bought that NAMM piece already, from Matt. I wanted it, but stupidly balked at the price.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by followthereaper
                          How couldn't you have tried a USA Jackson during 20 years of playing?
                          Not that many people have them. It's surprising how many people just play Fender/Gibson and never even try anything else. That's fine with me though, less competition for cool stuff

Comment

Here ya go man

SL2H-MAH-Pics

Comment

There are great guitars used that you can get for much less than $4-$4500 for the pair . Look around and take your time they're out there. Good Luck !

Comment

Working...
                              X