Soft Arch Soloist Custom Shop arrives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Arch Soloist Custom Shop arrives

I've had my eye on this one for a long time, and finally the price was right this week.

This is a Soloist with one hum, one knob. The body is Koa wood, as is some of the 5 piece neck. Really fine rosewood fretboard. It has an unusual bridge for Jackson, kind of a tuneomatic type but the strings come through the front. The top is Spruce. Ever hear of a Jackson with a Spruce top? Matter of fact, the only solid body with a Spruce I'd ever seen came on a Fender Telecaster. This one was built by Pablo Santana (and signed) in December 2005 just before NAMM.

Here're the pics. I couldn't capure how nice the Spruce Top is.

Dude, that's not a 5-piece neck. It's a 7-piece neck!! Congrats on the very sweet score!!!!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow, very cool. I like how clear the top is. Move that knob for me! The back looks siiiiiiiiiiiick! Nice score!
      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Nice axe! Love that finish.
        -Rick

Comment

Nice. It remids me of my old JA0032. It was red with a single hum.
          Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Holy Fuckin Shit is that baad asssed. I like it alot dude. One hums rule......
            LATER!!!
            H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

wow!! nice one!!!!
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

wow that is very unique with the neck through stripes ending in the pointy hs.

very nice guitar man!
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Very cool! So many nice guitars popping up lately.

craig

Comment

Nice axe, it has some very unusual features, very unique. I dig how it's a 5 string soloist too, who uses the 6th anyway.

Comment

Beautiful guitar, bro! Those are some awesome pics too.

Comment

VERY COOL, the neck looks either maple/koa or maple/walnut.

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby
                          Nice axe, it has some very unusual features, very unique. I dig how it's a 5 string soloist too, who uses the 6th anyway.
                          5 strings? I thought it had seven? WHo says guitar players can't count?

I didn't get to hear what a Spruce top sounds like because the guitar arrived in need (big need) of a setup. Like all my brand new guitars lately, they arrive unplayable (and not only because of the high E string. This one had to be sent to my tech, and I took these pictures before I drove over this afternoon. It'll be back by Saturday (I guess summer is his slow time, he usually takes 3 or 4 weeks).

Comment

that si a bad ass guitar...congrats
                            www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

What a unique and beautiful guitar.

I've never seen a flat, gold pup ring slammed on top of the normal black pup ring, like this one! Is that "normal"? Looks good though.
                              Henrik
                              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                              X