Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordered A New SL-1....Now The Long Wait...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered A New SL-1....Now The Long Wait...

I ordered an SL-1 in Bengal Yellow last week.

Should take delivery around Holloween, says Jackson.
    I suppose there is no way to get periodic updates or pics anymore, huh?
    Strat God Music
    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Chuck Levin's has had this one for a while.

Everything in music! Since 1958 we've been selling guitars, drums, brass, woodwind, DJ gear, lighting and stage, pro audio, recording gear, orchestral strings, and much more. We offer service for almost every instrument, educational rentals, and school & government sales. Please call us at (301) 946-8808 for more info.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Hey I ordered one but I wasn't given any info by my dealer about any info from the horse's mouth, just 'it gets here when it gets here'. Kind of annoys me that he didn't tell me/bother to find out. What's the current lead time, anyone know? I ordered mine almost 4 months ago.
      Last edited by metal_bob1; 06-29-2006, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I was told 4-5 months.
        Strat God Music

Comment

My KV2 was supposed to take 6 months and it only took 3, so who knows?

Comment

Expect more like 6-8 months unless they already have a run going.
            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat
              Expect more like 6-8 months unless they already have a run going.
              You must jest, surely? You're saying they only turn out the soloists once in a while, which is I expect the guitar they sell most of?

Comment

Originally posted by metal_bob1
                You must jest, surely? You're saying they only turn out the soloists once in a while, which is I expect the guitar they sell most of?
                JCMI won't give out sales numbers, but I suspect the Dinky's have higher sales numbers than the Soloists.
                -Rick

Comment

Just drink a beer and put it out of your mind. Play some guitar and be happy when it shows up. I hope it comes sooner than later man!

chuck
                  "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

WOW!!!

3 to 6 months is a long waiting period for a "production" model guitar. I am unfamiliar with Jacksons production scheduling for graphic finish USA models. Does it really take that long? Is that for all graphic finishes? Are there some finishes that are done more often or on longer production runs?

Honestly, I don`t mind waitinf that long for a great guitar, but that is more like a small custom shop`s waiting period.

Hmmm....Does it really matter or am I just suprised and stunned?

Eric
                    All hail the true metal God....Jesus. Where do you think metal came from anyway?

Comment

"Honestly, I don`t mind waitinf that long for a great guitar, but that is more like a small custom shop`s waiting period."
                      BINGO.
                      Strat God Music

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God
                        "Honestly, I don`t mind waitinf that long for a great guitar, but that is more like a small custom shop`s waiting period."
                        ************************************************** *****
                        BINGO.
                        ... and hope it comes out allright.
                        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

This should get you by for awhile
                          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

As long as were posting pictures of our Bengals I guess I'll have to post this.

Congrats on your purchase. You won't regret it. Hopefully it won't take too long.
                            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I love that Napalm Bengal..... The flame really sets that one off!

Comment

Working...
                              X