Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long wait for graphic finish??? Normal or not???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long wait for graphic finish??? Normal or not???

WOW!!!

3 to 6 months is a long waiting period for a "production" model guitar. I am unfamiliar with Jacksons production scheduling for graphic finish USA models. Does it really take that long? Is that for all graphic finishes? Are there some finishes that are done more often or on longer production runs?

Honestly, I don`t mind waiting that long for a great guitar, but that is more like a small custom shop`s waiting period.

Hmmm....Does it really matter or am I just suprised and stunned?

Eric
    All hail the true metal God....Jesus. Where do you think metal came from anyway?

Ummm, Jackson is a small custom shop. And, considering you posted this same thing elsewhere, did this really require a seperate thread, too?

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon
      Ummm, Jackson is a small custom shop. And, considering you posted this same thing elsewhere, did this really require a seperate thread, too?

Umm...Sorry. I`m used to the fast pace over on Harmony Central`s forums. Sometimes you have to re-post to make sure someone will see your question and answer it.

Do you mean the USA series graphic finish guitars are finished in the custom shop?

That`s pretty cool if I`m understanding you right. I`m assuming the production would be done in their USA factory and finished in the custom shop? Do I have that right or wrong?

Thanks,
      Eric
      All hail the true metal God....Jesus. Where do you think metal came from anyway?

Comment

All production guitars are finished in the custom shop, and by the same employees that do the special order custom guitars. Think of J/C as a big family custom guitar builder. Even though they are owned by FMIC, they are still a small company by comparison of the big Fender Corp.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
          All production guitars are finished in the custom shop, and by the same employees that do the special order custom guitars. Think of J/C as a big family custom guitar builder. Even though they are owned by FMIC, they are still a small company by comparison of the big Fender Corp.

That`s very cool. Thanks for the info.
          Eric

Comment

It may take awhile to wait for any finish, that is not available at the moment. Obviously black and metallic black (most popular colours for ANY 'metal' guitar) are done at big batches on a regular basis, the same goes for some solid colors as well. All the rest you have to wait. You may be lucky and the required finish is right on the schedule, otherwise 3 to 6 month of production pipeline...

BTW Bevels/pinstripes finishes count as graphics from this point of view...
            Last edited by Carbophos; 06-30-2006, 01:29 AM.
            Because I don't say it
            Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Originally posted by bzgtrmn
              I`m assuming the production would be done in their USA factory and finished in the custom shop?
              The custom shop is the USA "factory". These are not seperate entities. Every USA guitar - production or custom - is built in the custom shop.

Comment

Baah! You kids!!!

Back in _my_ day, when I'd ordered a USA Select in a standard graphic, I was told it'd be 9 to 12 months!! And to get that guitar, I'd have to walk six miles in the snow! Uphill! And we didn't have the fancy "vaccines:" You took a puncture wound in the finger from the little string stub that sticks outta the "high E" tuner post and they'd take the whole arm! That's the way it was ...

Tee hee. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously: FMIC must have totally improved the ramp-up time and/or workflow, 'cause in 2003 it was a 9-12 month wait fer a USA Select graphic.

--jr
                「久しぶりに絶望してえよ。マジで。」

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon
                  The custom shop is the USA "factory". These are not seperate entities. Every USA guitar - production or custom - is built in the custom shop.
                  I already said that 3 posts up from yours:ROTF: Whew, good thing we are dead on this one.
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                  X