I joined the Jackson familiy yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I joined the Jackson familiy yesterday

I bought a used SL-1 in great condition(sold my rg and jcm900 to fund it). This is the best guitar I´ve ever played and it looks beautiful. Previous owner installed Dimarzo D-sonic in the bridge and SD hot-rail in the neck position. Dimarzio works great in this guitar, but I don´t like the SD(never been a fan of those). Any suggestions for neck and middle pickups would be welcome. Here are some pics:

Last edited by pan; 07-09-2006, 06:58 PM.

Cool! And welcome!

Comment

I had a Soloist with a Duncan Custom in the bridge and 2 Rio Grande's in the single slots...was a very nice sounding guitar...was my first Jackson...I wanna say it was a 97/98.

Nice guitar....

Comment

I have an eerie dess SL-1 that I love!! It's no surprise you're hooked on yours!

VERY nice color too.

Comment

Drop a couple of DiMarzio HS-2's in the middle and neck. Nice and very full sounding pups. Since thier a stacked HB, you can even do a coil tap/split for more range.
          -Rick

Comment

very nice!! Love the color!

Comment

Thanks everybody! The color on this guitar is amazing-it changes from different angles(from green-blue to black). Fretboard is nice, no fret buzz whatsoever...

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
                Drop a couple of DiMarzio HS-2's in the middle and neck. Nice and very full sounding pups. Since thier a stacked HB, you can even do a coil tap/split for more range.
                I am a fan of dimarzios, so I might try these. Thanks!

Comment

Welcome to the JCF, and nice entrance too! My first USA Jackson is a SL-1 too.

Comment

Nice guitar! Enjoy.

Comment

Hey pan! Welcome to the board! Be sure to read the rules here: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/rules.php

Now go and sell that Ibanez JP or whatever it is and buy another Jackson!

Come to chat sometimes .
                      Last edited by Nazgul; 07-10-2006, 03:31 AM.

Comment

How does that D-Sonic sound? Love the SL btw.

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed
                          How does that D-Sonic sound? Love the SL btw.
                          It sounds really thick and chunky, and still retains its clarity. Very modern sounding.

Comment

Nice soloist. I've always been a sucker for that blue. Dig the Petrucci, too, though I prefer his MM model now.
                            -------------------------
                            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
                              +1 Good combination!
                              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                              X