Anyone in Austin with an SL2HT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in Austin with an SL2HT?

I'd really like to try one out. I would love to have a Warrior that was string-thru, but I just don't think I'll be doing a custom shop order any time soon, so the next best choice for me is probably an SL2HT. I'm pretty spoiled by how the WR1 sits in a strap though, so I really need to check one out before I spend any money. I had a play an Ibanez recently and the way it sits puts the guitar too far to the right, just felt awkward, I'm hoping the Soloists are more like the Warriors this way.

Thanks!
    Jackson USA GMG WR1
    Jackson USA SW WR1

The Warrior is probably the best guitar for playing sitting... and right next to the KV for standing with a strap. I prefer the KV, the Warrior and the Rhoads for playing standing... Traditional body styles like the Strat and Soloist do not sit the same.

If you want something more like a Warrior, the KV neck points up slightly higher, and the Rhoads, closer to level with the ground, but they all play in a similar position. The Strat/Soloist profiles do not sit like these guitars for me.

Perhaps you should consider a string thru Rhoads, they're great when you play standing, but they do not sit very well. A string through KV would probably be a more versatile guitar, for playing positions that is...
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

If you like the way a Warrior hangs, the Soloist probably is not for you... for me, Warrior bridges are way to far to the left, while Soloists are perfect for my right hand.

KVs and Rhoads seem to hang right in the middle... great for both my hands. That's why I have a string-thru Rhoads on order.
      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Ah, thanks for the info guys. I guess I'll stick with the Warriors then and just tremol-no both of them if I want it fixed. I like the tuning stability of a floyd locking setup, I just rarely use the bar now that I'm not in a slayer tribute band.

I love the warrior because I can sit with it, don't think I'd be too happy to stand all the time with a V, but I've always wanted the old Mustaine King V...
        Jackson USA GMG WR1
        Jackson USA SW WR1

Comment

Eric,
          we are playing in Austin on 7/28/06 @ The Red Eyed Fly.
          I dont have a SL2HT to bring....but come have a few beers and hang out if you want.

DannyM

Comment

I thought the Rhoads and King V sit well while your seated by using the classical position, with the inside of the V resting on your leg (The side of your picking hand)? At least that's what I've read here in past posts.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyM
              Eric,
              we are playing in Austin on 7/28/06 @ The Red Eyed Fly.
              I dont have a SL2HT to bring....but come have a few beers and hang out if you want.

DannyM
              I'll be there for sure Danny, can't wait!
              Jackson USA GMG WR1
              Jackson USA SW WR1

Comment

eric's a cool dude, about time you started talking! LOL.
                1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by buzzsaww
                  eric's a cool dude, about time you started talking! LOL.
                  Thanks Matt... Until I get a job, got nothing better to do... heh.
                  Jackson USA GMG WR1
                  Jackson USA SW WR1

Comment

Ray Hennings Heart of Texas on Lamar go check them out they are an authorized Jackson dealer here in Austin..
                    “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

Working...
                    X