• Time
  • Show
Clear All

is that the green wood on maple you were talking about?:

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
      is that the green wood on maple you were talking about?:
      \

Beleive it or not I've seen that on old San Dimas charvels back in the day ...
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Well it's back. I have to admit it is straight, seems to play well(unplugged) so far, haven't had time to fire up the amp yet. The only two things that aren't right. The ribbon around the pickups got jacked up, but, I'm going to take that nasty azz JB out anyways and stick a custom custom in there and they did not send the case key back with it.

I don't see any scratches or damage at all, it looks as if they didn't even touch the binding around the neck. So far I'm happy with it.

Comment

glad that all seems to be well!
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Just play it A LOT. See if there is anything wrong. Inspect it like Inspector Gadget.
            Glad to hear about the good news.

Comment

Glad it is ok, where's mine!
              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I get irritated with the Fender/Jackson warranty process.

basically, you're a piece of shit thorn in their side, that isn't making them money. Only when you buy their NEW guitars are you making them money.

Comment

It's still got an ever so slight fret buzz on the low E. Not anywhere bad as it was, but still there none the less. I'm not sending it back again! The neck looks straight and the straight edge no longer rocks up and down when placed across the first 4 frets, so I will just send it to a great tech to be fixed.

Can anyone tell me who does the very best fret work on west coast side?

Comment

looks like mineral stain. A lot of maple has brown/black or green streaks or spots which are attributed to minerals in the soil that were absorbed by the tree. Is nothing at all to worry about besides cosmetic.
                    Last edited by Postal; 07-23-2006, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X