Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Because I don't say it

Comment

Because I don't say it

Comment

That is an absolutely stunning guitar... the fingerboard looks so smooth, the fingerboard/inlays go incredibly well with the finish... and the finish...

Enjoy that killer axe!

Comment

Great Guitar that Quilt is MINT!!! Love the burst too...what type of frets are they 6100's?

Comment

2172?? So where's 2000 (my 7-string Warrior)?? :ROTF:
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

sweet stuff, I love how the back of the neck has the burst effect aswell.
                    Also reverse headstock and abalone is also to my liking.

But the big question how does it play and sound?

Comment

Originally posted by Newc
                      2172?? So where's 2000 (my 7-string Warrior)?? :ROTF:

Heh I hear ya Newc. I'm 2141. although probably not as frustrating as being 2000.

But..... I heard from Matt last week that the woodwork was done. So theres some progress.

Comment

Oh...shit, that is nice!
                        93 USA Soloist EDS
                        USA HT6 Juggernaut
                        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

OK. Now about specs and tone.

I always liked the tone and feel of 70's sunburst Les Paul Customs with maple necks (that add a definition to the attack), but for a number of reasons Les Pauls are very uncomfortable for me (plus I prefer a longer scale).

So I decided to have a 70's Les Paul alike tone in a shape of Soloist: Maple quartersawn neck with ebony fretboard and cream binding, mahogany body with 1/8" maple top. And Cherry Sunburst finish of course. Sunburst on a neck back is also 70's LP feature. Quilt maple and abalone is a node to Les Paul Elegant model (once produced by Gibson Custom Shop). I supposed that black hardware and zebra pu's will blen great with finish and I'm happy to see it's true.

The pickups are Seymour Duncan TB-4 bridge, SSL-5 middle and SH-2 neck.
                          The wiring is typical to your average H-S-H combo with one exception: 3rd position is not middle single on, but outer coils of humbuckers in parallel. This kind of wiring gives nice "semi-hollow" kind of clean tone. Combined with strat-influenced 2nd and 4th positions it gives a good variety of clean tones which adds a lot to versality.

The tone is very similar to 70's LesPaul - rich, full but with tighter bottom and more defined attack. And with option of kinda stratty cleans.

Oh, and I also shifted a bit the controls to remove the volume knob from being to close to my pinky. Not a big problem on a regular soloist, but you expect custom built guitar to be 100% matching your taste

And 6100 frets. Never liked vintage tiny frets.
                          Because I don't say it

Comment

that is killer!!! congrats!!
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Very cool. I'm #w/o 2170, so seeing yours gives me hope
                              Popular is not the same as good
                              Rare is not the same as valuable
                              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                              X